how do you carry your crusader

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
hi everyone iv had my crasader cook kit for a year now and i have to say it my most used item in my pack, I stow it in the big black webbing pouch it came in, but I find this system bulky and takes up alot of room in my pack, i was wondering how others carry theres and if they could post up some pics to inspire me, i love the setup as its a perfect little brew kit in my day pack. has any one come up with a better packing system

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
If we are out for a bimble in the woods we have a three person brew kit in a DMP Respirator bag, enough room for three drinking mugs as well as the Crusader mug and cooker, the water-bottle, a pack of Hexi blocks, some snack foods, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar.

If using the pack it goes in the brew kit side pocket with all things cooking.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I have a desert cam pouch that fits the nato bottle, crusader mug and stove perfectly :)

Not sure on what its called as i bought it off a member here.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
I use the issue carrier water canteen pouch. Takes the stove, cup and bottle. So you can carry it all on your belt. (the buck is buggered on mine but it still works)

IMG_0003.jpg

If you want to cut down on bulk, try leaving the stove at home. If you've got an old shoe polish tin, fill that with the fuel of your choice and stick two stones either side to rest the mug on. Works well if it's not blowing a gale.

Last edited:

yungmannfuzz

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2011
NI
I keep my crusader in the side pocket of my rucksack, hexi blocks underneath, all fits well in the side pouch.

I then use the bag I got with it to organise all my food, and utensils etc, even keep my crusader mess tin in there too. That works well for me, and keeps everything together nicely

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The Viper bag is more compact than the one you get with the Crusader cook set and can be had on Ebay for £7.50. It's just about perfect for bags, belt or rucksack...

P1000408.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE