Hobo Stove Gallery (Probably picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
OK, first time trying to add pics so may not work!

My hobo stove...

Its a wilko biscuit tin, flat bottom style with rounded top of the rounded tin. Switched in store, oops...
Top pic shows it in its leather bag made from old bike leather jeans. Number two is contents of bag, stove, tinder, kindling, chopsticks and blow poker (old car ariel). Number three is contents of stove, Loads! Last pic shows set up for meths burner use.

Overall, very pleased with it. Works amazing. The Caprisun packet holds the meths, by the way in case you wondered!

Attachments

• hobo2a.JPG
    hobo2a.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 699
  • hobo3.jpg
    hobo3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 700
  • hobo4a.jpg
    hobo4a.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 711
  • hobo5a.jpg
    hobo5a.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 700

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Looks really good! You get a load of kit in it too!

OK, first time trying to add pics so may not work!

My hobo stove...

Its a wilko biscuit tin, flat bottom style with rounded top of the rounded tin. Switched in store, oops...
Top pic shows it in its leather bag made from old bike leather jeans. Number two is contents of bag, stove, tinder, kindling, chopsticks and blow poker (old car ariel). Number three is contents of stove, Loads! Last pic shows set up for meths burner use.

Overall, very pleased with it. Works amazing. The Caprisun packet holds the meths, by the way in case you wondered!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Still not full! got some fire lighters from 99p shop, kinda like big matches to add and a grill as well. Maybe I'm a little OTT? Working on a companion set containing food items, more on that when done and tested....

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I'm gonna have a crack at this at the weekend now that i have cleverly stolen ALL of your idea's Mwuhahahha 'cough splutter' please insert maniacal laughter here lol

Thanks Dave

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'm gonna have a crack at this at the weekend now that i have cleverly stolen ALL of your idea's Mwuhahahha 'cough splutter' please insert maniacal laughter here
muahaha.gif

Thanks Dave

Will that do?

conall

Tenderfoot
Aug 25, 2009
southampton
Have been meaning to post these for an age but you know how it is, you get side tracked LOL! anywho I had seen legs that have been made to raise hobo stoves off ground and thought a folding variety would be more compact, so this is what I came up with and it flippin works a treat :)
2la93sm.jpg

ncfa11.jpg

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
Actually working on my first hobo stove I"ll get pictures when I can just waiting for some things to be delivered. Finally found a place in the States the sell Zebra Billy cans.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I picked up another Ikea cutlery strainer at my local boot market for 50 pence.
I ditched my mk One Hobo as I made the access hole far too big, this made the flames flare up and out the side.
Mk Two will be far smaller, just enough to light it.
I will feed wood in from the top when needed.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
That grill in the bottom is very similar to what I have in mine. Can't really see it from my pics, works real good though. Always burns all wood completely and evenly.

My latest thing is bush curry, with mini naans toasted on top of Hobo, Hmmm delicious......

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
Here´s mine with a Titanium pot. All inspired by this forum, you guys shares some fantastic ideas here! Thanks!
ikeahobostove1.jpg

ikeahobostove2.jpg

ikeahobostove5.jpg

Last edited:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Well I went to ikea and yes I gave in and picked up a drainer!

Anyway following the KISS principal, (and the urge to light a fire) came up with this

828bb0a5.jpg

Used an old tent pole as the pot supports (I cut slots in these so they would slot onto the drainer), leaving enough room to drop fuel through

And that is it!

Burning hexi
cf6ccda9.jpg

And burning wood

ad02aa90.jpg

Boiled the water very fast and burned with very little smoke!

Biker

Y'know you could feed some hotdog sausages into those tubes and kill two birds with one stone.

Yes, I'm a genius (polishes nails on my lapel)

Incidently that was the second reference today that I saw for KISS. Hadn't heard of it before and then two came along at one Bee-zarre!

nuphoria

Jul 11, 2009
Midlands
Hi chaps. Mostly a lurker here but I have just read this whole thread and decided to come out of the closet :)

You rock! There's so much ingenuity here it's mind blowing. Off to the cheap shops I go.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE