Hi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
I'm not new to bushcraft just haven't practised it for several years, have preferred to use B & B's and hotels rather than camp. :)

But as I need to get out more (for health reasons) thought it was about time I did something about it and go back to basics.

So long as I don't have to sleep in a hammock, (too many painfull experiences) :lmao:

Neil

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you on Bushcraft UK and I expect there's a few people will agree with you on the hammocks even if it does seem like everyone on here uses them :D

Enjoy the site

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Thank you for the welcome's.

I used my tent last July for the first time in twenty years, stayed with some friends near Launceston, several of us camped in the garden.

My tent was okay apart from a tear in the flysheet which is easily repairable and had the worst night's sleep imaginable.

Had bought one of those foam mat's and a new sleeping bag but as it was one of those tapered designs, did not fit very well into the bag. :)

I'm kinda large at 6' 6" and 25 plus stones, love my food and drink probably too much.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
One of the problems that I found with the mat was that I slid off.

In the past I've always used a box sided airbed which for me is far more comfortable.

I can understand that one is supposed to be moving away from the modern trappings of life but some things are hard to give up.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
I haven't tried boxing myself in, would be worth a try.

One thing I do need is another sleeping bag, something that is really wide and approx 7ft long.
I bought a mummy style one which although is long enough doesn't go around me and I found I couldn't move my legs so ended up with cramp.

Any idea's on where I could get one?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE