Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArmyMan3317

Feb 28, 2023
Southbourne
Hi

My name is Neil, and I am ex Royal Engineer (British Army). In June 2024 I will be attempting to create the Fastest Known Time (FKT) for trekking the Wales Coastal Path unsupported. Due to the length of the route (870 miles) an unsupported trek has never been attempted before. A handful of ultra-marathon runners have completed the route although these were fully supported expeditions with a fully qualified support crew. This really will be a survival expedition. I will start with a 30Kg Bergen (large military backpack) to carry essentials and will use bushcraft skills to survive along the way. I am not allowed any physical human interaction whatsoever or use any facilities such as shops, hotels etc. I will be sleeping amongst the elements. I am developing a website which will show a live feed of my location and I will use this for advertising for any sponsors that I am able to attract. I am raising money for WWTW, SSAFA and Combat Stress. One of the charities will provide a press team before and after the expedition. I will document the expedition as it progresses and plan to write a book of my experiences soon afterwards.

I wondered if anyone had any advice on potential sponsorship of bushcraft courses to help me to complete the expedition and raise a significant amount of money for charity!

Kind Regards

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE