Hi from Wilts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BlueRuby

May 19, 2010
Wilts
Hello all,

Just stumbled upon this site by accident and loving what I'm seeing.

Im male, mid 30s, divorced but still spend most of my time being the stay-at-home-dad to my 2 little ones.

Have a fair bit of camping experience but most recent is doing so in whichever wood or field took my fancy as I cycled round England and Wales in March. Now I'm hooked to being outside and raring to learn more.
Off to do a bushcraft course next month and a more advanced one in September, getting out whenever I can in between.

Looks like I've come across a great site to find out more!

Thanks!

BlueRuby

May 19, 2010
Wilts
Hi and thanks.

I'm in Melksham, Jaysurfer. Not much to the town but I'm really lucky with the surrounding countryside. Always places to hide myself away in. See you're in Somerset - not on the eastern side by any chance?

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I am close to Wincanton...
We have a local woods we can use but we are hoping to find more locations to get a bit of variety.
Keep an eye out and anytime you see a Somerset meet feel free to put your name down and join us

BlueRuby

May 19, 2010
Wilts
Great, Jaysurfer, will do :) Haven't been too bothered about sourcing somewhere that I could use on a regular basis as I just pop myself wherever I fancy (respecting certain rules, of course). However, I can see the benefit of doing so and may start to be a little more proactive on that front. Thanks for the offer of attending Somerset meets. And hi again to others :)

BlueRuby

May 19, 2010
Wilts
Wow, hi guys.

Great to see some more local to me! I'm definately up for meeting some fellow bushcrafters sometime this summer. I love the freedom offered by cycling around with all the kit I need on the back, ready to dive into some inviting wood somewhere.
I have a mate here also in Melksham who feels similarly.

You guys local to me up for meeting at some point?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE