Herne's Arrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Jon, you are officially worse than my dad! I thought he was bad for his pursuit of film/tv/music ephemeria and memorabilia.
Lovely arrow though. :)

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Another big fan of the original series. I have the soundtrack on vinyl at home too. There was a big norse influence on the series that I enjoyed, I see it even extended to runes on the props!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Not as good as the recent one with a Manc playing robin hood who uses a scythain bow from half way around the world. Sinew and horn in the wet? ever seen a dog chew that's been left out in the rain?:confused:

Robin of Sherwood was a brilliant program for kids. Used to record it and watch it over and over again, and what a cast too.
They dont seem to make anything like this any-more for fear of upsetting someone or it not being fluffy and generic enough to guarantee a return.

Lucky man to find that bud. Nice elb type arrows to ;) Where is the photo of your bow!

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
That is an amazing artifact to have tracked down. I grew up hooked to the series, the music got me into Clannad, and started a lifelong fascination with Herne the Hunter and all his mythological offshoots. Ray Winstone was great. I always remember the last fight of Michael Praed - after Connery took over it wasn't the same.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Great job JD.
I loved that series as a kid , prompted me to spend all my spare time in the woods shooting homemade bows.
I saw Clannad live a few times in the 80s too.
My brother in law was into Blakes 7 so done my fair share of scouring the countryside for filming locations too!
Cracking bit of nostalgia and superb that you have Albion and Herne's arrow as well.
Cheers , Simon

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
A brilliant series. As a Pagan I was really into the mystisism of Herne and the way he was portrayed. The Albion Sword and arrow are brilliant. As a collector of Bladed weapons am slightly envious. A good thread. Took me back.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
That show got me into archery too, my brother and I were glued to it every time it came on the telly.

We used to go down to our local woods and play Robin Hood All it involved really was running about and hiting each other with sticks, but hey, great fun when you're a kid !

Great post Jonathan :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Agree with all the comments. Used to love that series when I was a kid. Nice Arrow Jon.

Its available on Youtube:

[video=youtube;FoGAGrBHoOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoGAGrBHoOA[/video]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
TBH, I found them a few weeks ago, and after watching, have been wandering around the house singing, Davviiid, daviiidd, the bearded man......dum dum.
whilst stroking my chin hair.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Agree with all the comments. Used to love that series when I was a kid. Nice Arrow Jon.

Its available on Youtube:

[video=youtube;FoGAGrBHoOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoGAGrBHoOA[/video]

Oohhh you just ruined my studying for tonight!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Hurrah! I loved it too, (me not being a Telly watcher, has to be something very engaging to get my attention.)

I have the clannad CD and the first DVD box set.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's amazing how universally loved this series seems to be. I thought it was quite a niche programme and long forgotten.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Christmassy Albion...

P1010643.jpg

P1010645.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE