Herne's Arrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They've just remastered the series. Seasons 1 and 2 with Michael Praed are the best. Go buy it, you honestly won't regret it.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Got them on VHS somewhere when they were released years ago. Just a shame i dont have owt to play them on.
Always prefered Mark Ryans character Nasir due to his mysterious background. Also a fantastic part for a young hothead Ray Winstone as Will Scaflock.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Seeing this I had a quick search online and have just rewatched episode 1 with my son. I'm another one it got into archery and general stick swinging mischief !

Son really enjoyed it so we'll have to look for more episodes.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
got any photos of Albion?

100.jpg

103.jpg

085.jpg

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
This, like many other programs of the era, was one of those I missed - occasionally catching the odd one.

I was either too busy working or at evening classes in various things.

Liam

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Ray winstone was in King Arthur as well, so that film was a bit of a robin of sherwood reunion

Some of the filming was done in the village of castle combe, some in draycott sleights which is just up from westbury sub mendip, chew valley lake, wookey hole caves of coarse

heres a link with filming locations
http://www.robinofsherwood.org/locations.html

Trivia

The actor who played Nazir, Mark Ryan became the sword master for the films, King Arthur and First knight, and if you notice Ioan Gruffudd character, Lancelot has the same fighting style and armour as Nazir, to pay homage to Mark. Also the actors whoc played The Sheriff and Guy also appear in King Arthur as saxonw warriors.

As robin of sherwood was filmed on the mendips, loads of local kids would travel thre to reenact scenes from the series near actual locations

Al

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Everyone I've talked to has only positive things to say about Robin of Sherwood. It's a pity ITV doesn't repeat them, it would make a welcome change from all the dross they show nowadays.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Brings back many a happy childhood memory running over the edge and Kingsford forest.

:)

You and me were doing the same thing in the same place then. Guess where this was taken....

P1010603.jpg

No doubt when this tree was alive, you and I where youngsters playing all around it. And then on Sunday I brought the arrow right there for those pics. Cool.

And this tree was there before us, and will be their long after. I hope.

P1010622.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE