Help, which trousers??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
I've a brand new pair of 5.11 tdu cotton twill in the classified section. Cheap as chips depending on your waist. :sly:

Nuggets.. "YOW Bear Yow Bear"
Bear.. "Eyup Chis... Can yor undastand a wurd e just sed? "

You drive a hard bargain, sir, but a beefcake like myself takes a 34" waist in the least these days. I used to be a 28", but it seems the closer I get to 30, the fatter I get. Something tells me I'm going to be the classic turtle necked middle aged fat man with an attractive younger looking wife, just like in the old Tesco adverts :D

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You drive a hard bargain, sir, but a beefcake like myself takes a 34" waist in the least these days. I used to be a 28", but it seems the closer I get to 30, the fatter I get. Something tells me I'm going to be the classic turtle necked middle aged fat man with an attractive younger looking wife, just like in the old Tesco adverts :D

Same boat, but been sailing a bit longer lol :D

Nuggets.. "YOW Bear Yow Bear"
Bear.. "Eyup Chis... Can yor undastand a wurd e just sed? "

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

LOL. When I enlisted (35 years ago) I was so skinny I could stick out my tongue and I would look like a zipper. But even then I had a 34 inch waist.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
get up the surplus shop and buy 10 pairs of ex military lightweight trousers, they have other colours besides dpm

PeteD

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
If I'm out on the trail, I swear by my 5.11 trousers. A good fit, comfortable, hard wearing and fast drying. If I'm a bit more isolated, I still find my old army jungle trousers to be fantastic (you can pick them up for less than a tenner these days too).

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Fjallraven's G1000 fabric is hard to beat on the quick drying front; it'll be years quicker than any full or mostly cotton trousers mentioned here. That said, as someone mentioned earlier, the Vertx trousers are brilliant and incredibly comfortable with just that bit of reassuring 'give' to them. They are not littered with pockets as some are and, compared with many others, offer very good value for money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE