Paramo repairs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

minds_eye

Aug 30, 2011
South West UK
Continuing my clear out I’ve found a pair of paramo trousers that I put a huge tear in the seat, falling down a hill.

I recall that paramo is repairable but was wondering if anyone can advise how successful repairs usually are when the rip is significant (an L-shaped rip probably 3” x 3”). By successful or effective, I guess I mean whether that’ll stop ingress of water.

Thanks.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Paramo have a repairs department that's supposed to be good. Repairs and patches made out of the same fabric and colour I guess.

DIY you could just sew the layers up. Holes aren't an issue if you see it up. Try that with membrane and you'll need tape to seal the join and stitch holes.

Reactions: minds_eye

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I found a good colour match thread for mine and even an iron on repair tape in a close colour. I did wonder if use the tape to hold it together then stitch with the thread. In the end I couldn't be bothered because it was a tiny snag hole and watching it closely for well over a year it hasn't opened up any more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE