help needed for the itches !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Miserable damned things :(
I got bitten by midgies in the garden yesterday afternoon....it's still itchy if I bump them or such.
I took chlorphenamine as quickly as I could and used the eurax ointment too.

Kitchen cupboards ? baking soda made into a paste and gently rubbed in. Vinegar can work too (I wouldn't mix them)
Garden ? Plantain, or sticky willie/cleavers.

AJB you have my complete sympathy; you should see me with a cleg bite :(

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
One night in Munich three years ago, still itches like **********

View attachment 25805

35C, thick Kevlar jeans and motorbike boots - so comfy!

Crikey! definitely prevention rather than cure there!
I have had similar bites on my legs but from harvest mites and they are especially hard to avoid. I find it actually cooler in the summer months in long loose clothing.
I would have gone to the doctors for some monster antihistamine tablets and hydrocortisone cream with those bad boys.
[h=3][/h] cream.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
We've found that the effectiveness of the clickers varies. Some are really good, others not so much. Really cheap ones from the pound shop trend to be less good. The bigger the 'shock' it gives the more effective we've found, so if you can try it in the shop that might be a way of gauging it's potential.
Can't tell you what make ours are I'm afraid. They last so long that I can't remember.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
A used T bag is ace, vinegar is good too depending on the bite. If vinegar doesn't work try bicarbonate of soda or baking powder. It's about neutralising the acid or alkali in the bite, or so I've been told

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE