"Help for Heroes" - Charity Auction #3 Landscape Photography Weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
cwmorthin-t.jpg
Botallack-t.jpg
leaf-t.jpg

In aid of the charity "Help for Heroes" - which aims to care for wounded service personnel.

Many of you know my photography already but what is up for auction is a landscape photographic weekend.

Location and timing to be chosen by the winner, subject to a little advice and availabilty of myself of course.

Accommodation and catering in bushcraft style and that doesn't mean compo rations or being uncomfortable.

Dunstanburgh-t.jpg
Pilgrims_way-t.jpg
Seaburn-t.jpg

It would suit someone with a little photographic knowledge that wants to learn more but I will be on hand to offer all the experience I can muster.

You will need your own camera but I can provide plenty of camping equipment, although you are naturally welcome to bring your own.

You will need to arrange your own transport to a suitable rendezvous point.

The money goes to charity - the details of the cause are here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26445

Bids should be registered on this thread and start at...£1.

Bids close at 23:59 on 24/12/07 (one month from today). Money should be paid here

http://www.justgiving.com/H4H

If you would like to know more about the cause "Help for Heroes" - please look here

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/index.html

If you would like to help, please consider one of the following options:

1) Bid on this item
2) Just make a donation on the links above - anything - that cup of coffee you are about to buy at work would be more than enough
3) If you feel as I do, perhaps you would consider auctioning something yourself. Your time, an item, a surplus thing in your "glory hole", something you have made, a guided walk - whatever you can spare.
4)Shake the hand of a service man or woman and just say "thank you - I am proud to have met you"

Thank you for taking time to read this thread

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I've seen Wayland's work and have met the man on a few occasions so if you have a passion for photography then this chance of a one to one masterclass should get the drool glands flowing :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It does!

However £50 also sounds cheap to ahve a Viking teach me :eek:

I have seen Gary's work and I have a LOT to learn

Be that as it may!

£50

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well ady thats very generous of you.

However I am determined to meet the man who inspired the Bushcraft "Timotei" advert

£75

Red ;)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That`s an awesome prize Gary and if the winning bidder produces shots half as impressive as yours then they should be well chuffed.
Very interested myself but feel my basic photography knowledge wouldn`t justify your time, I will however keep an eye on it and you never know.

Rich

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Anyone that can use a camera can benefit from this. It doesn't have to be fancy.

If it comes down to it, I'll let them use my camera if they haven't got one of their own.

It would be best to learn on your own camera though so you can take the skills home with you.

I'm overwhelmed by the bids already and planning ways to add extra value to this. :You_Rock_

If you haven't seen it already there's a taster of my work on my site here.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
This is a very tempting thing to bid on, if I weren't committed elsewhere, but I need a new camera otherwise I'd just be wasting everyone's time, and lol, that has just moved down the line quite a bit - not that I'm complaining!

D

Deleted dude 7861

If I can use my 35mm Minolta 505si super with it's 100mm-300mm and 28mm-75mm lenses I'd love to learn how to use it better. Think I've used it about 10 times from new, now we've all gone digital! So I'm gonna up the bidding to....

£130

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Digital or Film is fine by me.

I've worked in 35mm, rollfilm 6x45 and 5x4 sheet film so plenty of experience there.

Currently I use a Digital SLR but I used a 5mp compact for a few years with good results too.

The most important things about photography are not equipment related which is one thing I hope to teach people.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i'll have to finish my crimbo shopping and see how much i can afford!
until then, i've made my donation, and if this auction goes too expensive for me, i'll be watching Waylands page closely for when he starts offering this experience to Joe Public!

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
This seems like a great opportunity, and looks like a number of people would be
interested Wayland. Just a suggestion, and my opinion only, so don't shout at me... but
why not take a group at a rate per person, rather than only one winner.?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE