Hello from my bed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well lads and lasses, after suffering a recurring chest infection I took myself off to A&E and was admitted (last Wednesday) within ten of arrival. Turns out I have a strain of Pneumonia and a clot on one lung so no camping for me for a while yet :(

I'm starting to feel better now and have my laptop and broadband dongle with me so I can keep an eye on you ruffians :)

Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation I know how you feel, I had a bout of pneumonia three years ago. It knocked me for six, and took a few months to get over properly, but then I was completely back to normal, and able to do all the normal outdoorsy stuff I did before.
Get well soon, plenty of rest and a healthy diet.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's awful, can't think of anything worse than being stuck in hospital. Hope you make a swift and full recovery so you can tuck your dongle away and get out there again.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good grief, that sounds a touch savage :yikes:
Hopefully they'll take good care of you, and you'll be on your feet asap. Summer's a good time to heal :)
..........such a hardship, doing what pretty nurses tell you all day :D

Seriously, get well soon,

atb,
M

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I can sympathise with this.
I had a case of mild pneumonia at the start of the year. Fortunately mine was treatable from home.
But I still felt rough and it still took a few months to properly clear.
Hope you feel better soon.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Get well soon Richard

My eldest bro has just got over Pneumonia, it took him about a month before he was back to his normal self.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Chin up Rik - take it easy and don't try to rush things

looking on the bright side though, you will have plenty of time to plan your comeback tour :grouphug:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
My mother in law is just out hospital a couple of weeks back with the same buddy,hers was down to smoking though!so she has stopped and she is back to full health and said she feels great.I hope you are well soon buddy. ATB Gill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE