NE Derbyshire Meet (Pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
wow looks good looks like you had a productive weekend ged was upto his usual tricks climbing trees and setting fire to things big si drinking tea shame i missed it maybe next time people looks a great spot

I can see the fire bit Mark, but how did you know that was me up the tree? :confused:

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Great pictures Sally the wood doesn't look as unmanaged in the pictures as it is.
I have got a bit of work getting it back into shape and get some broad leaf tree's planted in the spaces created and possibly some fruit tree's and fruit bushes for the wild life and the group if we manage to get any :)

Matt

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
...the wood doesn't look as unmanaged in the pictures as it is.
I have got a bit of work getting it back into shape and get some broad leaf tree's planted in the spaces created and possibly some fruit tree's and fruit bushes for the wild life and the group if we manage to get any :)
I was surprised at how many holly saplings are rooting, it's a good job you're in there now or it would have really taken over in a couple of years of further neglect, to the exclusion of everything else! Are there subsidies/ support for getting broadleaf species in the ground? You got the manpower and eager fiver-a-nighters to build some funds ;)

The pics really don't show the woods condition too well but I guess thats the nature of pics and it's always the way that we select the neatest/ 'best' ones to portray what we want, i.e. the potential beauty in the place. It's a lucky wood- now, anyway- and its got a great feeling. It might be like Stu said- the work of a lifetime- but gosh, gonna be such a priviledge to be the custodian through it and leave a better legacy than it would have had! Big respects to you for taking it on, lovey :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Sorry for taking so long to post these, I've had a bit of a busy week.

Thanks again to everyone who came along and helped to make it such a successful first meet, I hope we have many more in the future :)

ekf4o.jpg

2hhmz3b.jpg

b4f8gk.jpg

339lklf.jpg

zsvkep.jpg

2w20cr8.jpg

a2c0om.jpg

All the best,

Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE