Hei og god dag!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gravo

Apr 5, 2006
Oslo, Norway
(Hello and good day!)

Simon here, originally from Devon, then Cardiff, but now I'm lucky enough to be living and working in Norway (Oslo, for the last five years). It's a great place to live (there's just so much space!) and they're really focused on the outdoors over here. It's skiing in the winter and hiking, fishing and camping in the summer. There's also a Norwegian 'right to access' law which basically states camping is permitted almost anywhere (perfect!).

The fishing over here is also very good and for about 40 pound a year me and my girlfriend are able to fish in all lakes in the forests surrounding Oslo (there's a lot of lakes!). If freshwater fishing isn't your thing then sea fishing is available in the fjords. Like I said, it's a good place to be... :)

I recently discovered this website and have been impressed by all the information on here, it's given me plenty of ideas to try on my next trip in the woods.

So thanks to all the contributors and if you're ever in the area and hear a Westcountry accent then it might be me :)

Cheers, Simon

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Hello Gravo,

Sounds fantastic out there, I quite fancy a trip out to Norway to see the Aurora some time, and a good ol tramp through the woods :)

Mark

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Gravo said:
(Hello and good day!)
.....if you're ever in the area and hear a Westcountry accent then it might be me :)

Cheers, Simon

Now that really cheered me up, the mental picture of a Norwegian ...... zpeakin' wes' coun'ry!
Welcome aboard Simon

Ogri the trog

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Welcome Simon,have to agree with you about Norway.Its a fantastic place I love it,I try and get over atleast once a year which I have been doing for the last 9 years or so.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE