Heaps of old tree guards, free for the asking

E

ex member coconino

Hundreds of used tree guards will be heading for the dump in the next day or two, near Ely, so if anyone's interested in taking them please PM me asap.

There's a variety of sizes of either corrugated plastic or filled mesh (like these or these, but not in new condition). Most have been slit down the side so would be useless against voles, but okay against rabbits, etc. if staked and tied carefully.

It's a messy heap, probably two skips' worth, but there's plenty of usable guards. It's a shame for them to go to waste but we have far too many already and little time and manpower to sort them out. Some are in ton sacks, most are loose and jumbled.

Let me know by PM, but please only if you reckon you could take all or most of them, not just that you want a handful. They'd fill a Transit, easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ex member coconino

Weirdly, this has appeared in a completely different forum to the one I was looking at! I can't delete it either, so I'd be grateful if a mod would help. I'd meant to put it in off-topic chatter, I have no idea how it ended up here. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ex member coconino

Could I prevail upon a mod to move this to somewhere more suitable, pretty please?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
are these not UV degradable? i was just thinking you could stack them in a sunny spot.
otherwise put a few adds out on freecycle etc.

E

ex member coconino

Not UV degradable, no. Freecycle is a good idea but I thought I'd give someone here first dibs.

E

ex member coconino

Sorry to say that these have gone to the dump now. Wasteful, I know, but not my decision. Thanks for the interest from the couple of people who sent PMs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE