Health and safety

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
H&S gone mad or what ;)

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
cid_1_672899701web45510_mail_sp1_yahoo.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
haha! goos picture!

My dad owns a pub and a few years ago tried to hold a pub conker competition but health and safety made it so they all had to wear safety goggles and hard hats! eventually it got called off before the end because of suck rediculous nanny rules.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
haha! goos picture!

My dad owns a pub and a few years ago tried to hold a pub conker competition but health and safety made it so they all had to wear safety goggles and hard hats! eventually it got called off before the end because of suck rediculous nanny rules.

That is not the Health and Safety executive, that is some chaps interpretation of the H a S rules, :D

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
haha! goos picture!

You just know though that had that conker match gone ahead and someone got a knuckle wrapped or one in the eye they'd be calling their lawyer and sueing for compensation before the sun had set. I don't approve of such nanny rules but they're often there just to protect against potential litigation not protect the individual from actual harm.

I once played bat and trap at a pub in the mid 80's one to our tem was in bat and spwung the bat and missed the ball, but let go of the bat because his grip was so weak, the thing frisbee'ed right at me smacking me in the chin and clapping my jaw shut so hard I broke a tooth of in the back of my mouth. Pure accident and the bloke paid for the dentist bills with no worries. The ironic thing about it was that it was my wife's (at the time) boss and he was captain on one team against the other branch of the same solictors firm. Oddly enough no one stepped forward to offer their services for sueing compensation and loss of earning or trauma. :lmao: But that was also a different time than it is today.

Last edited:

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
haha! goos picture!

Not that old chestnut......

........I'll get me coat

Seriously, as Southey says it's one person's interpretation of the H&S rules.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE