Heads up, Mora robust for 2 for £20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Must have been a Friday afternoon one this :)

IMAG1128_BURST002.jpg

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Will be fine with a go on the stones but "as is" there is no chance of a spark. The square of the spine is completely rounded.
Just looks like they forgot to machine the back is all.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
quoted from the site it tells you about the un polished finish

As with Mora's Companion Knife, the HighQ Robust is an excellent knife to use whilst learning basic bushcraft techniques (being sturdy enough to withstand harsh treatment), while still being of a high enough quality to use once you are more proficient in knife work. Indeed, these Mora knives are used throughout the year by Woodlore's experienced instructors and assistants. The blade features a single flat bevel and a half tang, which is double-moulded into a large handle for improved strength. Furthermore, the high-friction grip has been ergonomically designed, making it an efficient, comfortable and safe knife to use. Please note that the back of the blade features an un-polished finish.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh.......... (duly ordered!) Damn you all

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Should be pretty easy to put right. Will give it a quick blast on a friends belt sander then square it up with a stone.
For the money its hard to complain. Seems strange that they didnt bother to finish it? Wonder if these are seconds of some description..
I wonder too if someone said to alter it in some way to make a sharper edge for a firesteel, who knows.
If you look at the tip of the knife where the burr sticks out it will and does catch your skin.
But the verdict is too cheap to pass by.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE