Heads up, Mora robust for 2 for £20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MightyBush

Jun 27, 2012
Scotland
I've had my Robust for a while now (not the woodlore version) - It's spine is unfinished, much like these woodlore's that I have received. It doesn't bother me as I use it with the firesteel, but all of my Mora's have come sharp.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I think we can all agree that the knife is good for it's price, but because of it's price, there are a few problems.

Firstly, the spine on almost al these knives is unfinished, on mine there was actually a rim which you could fit your fingernail under.
Secondly the sheath retention was terrible.
Thirdly RM states on his website, liturally that the knife is single bevel, and it comes with a microbevel. Now I don't hate microbevels that much but when it states that it is single bevel and it doesn't than stating that is just wrong. :(

All three problems have been sorted out though, the first one by filing, the second one by 2 pieces of inner tube and the third one with a couple of saturday nights on my dc4.:)

Last edited:

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
the third one with a couple of saturday nights on my dc4.:)

It's definitely a matter of preference when it comes to grinds and bevels. I started out disliking the micro-bevels on Moras, but I've come to like them now, and tend to leave them. It makes for a much stronger, longer lasting edge in my experience. It's been discussed a lot - there's a good thread on the pros and cons of the secondary bevel over on BB here.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
It's definitely a matter of preference when it comes to grinds and bevels. I started out disliking the micro-bevels on Moras, but I've come to like them now, and tend to leave them. It makes for a much stronger, longer lasting edge in my experience. It's been discussed a lot - there's a good thread on the pros and cons of the secondary bevel over on BB here.

I've read that thread, but I don't have trouble with mora putting a second bevel on it, if I would have known it did, I simply wouldn't have bought it.
I don't care the mora has a second bevel, I care that RM states (And I litteraly quote!!)
The blade features a single flat bevel
Which it does not come with. That makes me feel ripped off big time. Sorry for the rant but do you see what my problem is here?

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Sorry for the rant but do you see what my problem is here?

Yes, I see your point. I looked at the site, and the description is just wrong. I noticed that they also say "Please note that the back of the blade features an un-polished finish."

I'm not sure that 'unpolished' really covers it with most Moras. My robust seems to be an exception - there's no way I could get a spark from a ferro rod with mine, it's way too smooth.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Just had my 2 arrive. Really pleased with them. The handle is much nicer than my Mora clipper and the knife is a much snugger fit in the sheath. Can't go wrong at this price.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Mine arrived last week. The sheath is tighter than other Mora's but the spine is much better on these latest ones. Nicely finished on the two I just received.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE