Heads Up - 2010 RM / Woodlore Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I know there's been a lot of discussion of the value for money (or not) of these courses on the forum (so let's leave that for those threads!), but I thought some members might be interested to know that the Woodlore 2010 courses have just gone live on their website today.
So anyone been waiting to get on The Journeyman now is your chance, as I'm sure that those will be booked up in a weeks time. (Although in this recession maybe there's not so many people with a spare £650 in their back pocket?).:eek:
Anyway, there are lots of other great (and cheaper) schools and courses out there, but thought some of you might be glad of the heads up.
Cheers, David

(No connection to the above organisation, etc)

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The Swedish Survival Guild (http://www.overleva.nu) runs one week courses each summer. This year the cost is SEK 3500 (about half of RM, but most of you would have to travel further than for RMs courses). Normally these are taught in Swedish, but there has been participants with none or minimal Swedish before, and if enough people from abroad want to do it I'm sure a section (10-16) could be taught in English. If there is interest I can push for an English section at the annual meeting in early April. Course dates this years are 11-18 of July.

Survival in the taiga, not bushcraft in general; plants, fishing, water, fire, shelter, first aid, signalling, navigation, etc. A few days in a base camp (tent), then a few days hiking (with basically some extra clothing, a knife and a cooking pot) and building new shelters each night.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Now there's a shameless plug! :lmao:

I did the Journeyman last year after booking the year before - there's a reason a) its £650 and b) it books up so quickly.

Needless to say its the hardest thing I have ever done, but also one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

You soon recognise why it's called what it is......:D

Best

P

sparksfly

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
London
Now there's a shameless plug! :lmao:

I did the Journeyman last year after booking the year before - there's a reason a) its £650 and b) it books up so quickly.

Needless to say its the hardest thing I have ever done, but also one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

You soon recognise why it's called what it is......:D

Best

P

I did the Journeyman last year too. Were you on my course (first week) or the second week?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well someone's got some cash because, 24hrs later both dates for the 2010 Journeyman are as predicted now fully booked.
Going to do Camp Craft myself, anyone else done it already?

I know... :D a friend and I are one of the lucky ones that got a space.

I'm on the Camp craft in April this year. Anyone going on that?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
[/COLOR]
Hi Mesquite myself and Nonsuch are both on the april camp craft, (see above) should be really good, but I haven't heard many reports from people that have done the course.

I'd noticved that Nonsuch had got himself on the Camp Craft course but but for April 2010, not the 2009 one that I'm doing the end of next month.
I've booked myself on the April 2010 Campcraft. Which one will you be on ?

Are you on the camp craft that runs from 18 until 25 April 2009?

As for comments, there's been a couple threads about it here and here. Should be a good experience :)

Slaine

Sep 23, 2005
Canterbury
....Needless to say its the hardest thing I have ever done, but also one of the most rewarding experiences of my life....

...Well done for getting in on the journeyman, you've got lots of time to prepare yourself ( mentally and physically!)...

Oh blimey, what have I done...lol. I was one of the lucky ones to get my name down after being on the waiting list since 2006. Is it that bad ?

I got the email saying there were palces available so I went online to book mine and to my horror our company (sh) I.T. dept had blocked the site from being viewed at work. A frantic call to the missus ensued telling her to forget picking up the kids from school and to get home post haste. Well, you gotta get your priorities right haven't you ? Phew....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE