Hassle when out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
The "polyester-backed pigmy chav" by any chance?

:lmao::lmao: :lmao:

It wasn't quite three-smilies-funny, but if you enter only one it tells you 'not enough characters'. However, now that I've explained this, I have more than enough characters, so I could actually get away with just one smilie, but then this part of the post won't make sense...

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
don't be scared of al kids, i'm 18, unkempt, gobby and walk around nearly all thetime wearing a hoody, but if you were to fall donw and hurt yourself, i'd help, if i saw something being vandalised,or someone being beaten up, i'd stop it,

I similarly try to help out where I can, but would tend to avoid trying to stop vandalism/violence by intervening myself. i could see it going wrong in a big way. if that's happening then I will call the police, or get help, but going in to help unsupported, is something I would usualy feel is too much of a risk. although it would depend on the circumstances. but all respect to those who do.

invisible thread or fine fishing line works in the same way when you want to protect your sleeping zone from cheeky scouts, they think they've hit a cobweb so jump about a bit and spoil the surprise. I also used to take the noisemakers out of birthday cards and use them as trip mines to scare them off.

I think I'm going to borrow this idea. (scouts "visiting" me while i'm asleep in my hammock deserve no mercy, no mercy at all)

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Many of the kids I knew at the school happily boasted about goading people into hitting them or similar. One stole a postman's bag and ran around the street ripping up letters until the postman managed to grab him. The kid immediately fell to the ground and 'injured' himself. He was on quite a nice payout for that and the posty got a record for assault. I even had one kid try it on me at the school; literally ran into me and tripped himself over, then started wailing that I'd pushed him! Little **!&"*!.

And what if his father came round to get nasty over the slap? He'd get one himself. Now that father would duff his kid up a lot more, then drive to the nearest solicitor, followed by the police. Truish story, expect the kid had injured himself at the school by banging his head against the wall deliberately! Then said staff had done it... The police eventually came to the correct conclusion, but it nearly cost a teacher his job and certainly made his life hell for a few months.

Something like this happened to several friends that are teachers. Their ... solution ... solved all future problems they might have had at school.

In one case, my friend calmly told the kid that if he was going to be charged for "assualting" the kid, then he might as well really beat the XXXX out of him! The kid changed his attitude real quick.

In the other case, the kid claimed he could hit/kick/punch my friend and there was nothing he could do about it without ending up in jail. He told the kid that he ... might ... end up in jail or possible get probation, but the kid would walk with a limp for the rest of his life! Another quick attitude change.

One has finally retired from teaching, and the other is still teaching. Neither had any more problems with punk kids. But those kids also knew and realized that my friends meant everything they said. And that they personally would suffer any consequences for their actions. That mummy and daddy (or their lawyer) wouldn't be able to help them until they visited in the hospital.

Adding back in those personal consequences for their actions has a way of adjusting the attitude of many kids.

So it goes.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
Children are, in my experience, silmilar to animals sometimes. I do not means this in a derogatory way. I work with charming wee pre schoolers (and 9-18 yr olds who are all mature, responsible young people) and at some point they all like to 'test' the boundaries at some point to find out who's boss! It's the same with horses and dogs too I've found, just with some kids it takes a more extreme form.

Wild

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I was once walking down a street when a kid charged at me with his mates watching. It was clear he was either going to knock me over or I had to leap out of his way. Ive had plenty hassle of these kids so I decided to stand my ground. I thought if he rammed into me, Id grab hold and pull him over with me. This is a very cruel (and potentially lethal game) Im only 4"11. As it happened he got about 8 feet away still at full sprint and getting his head down to bowl me over, when he tripped on a stone and hit the floor face first with such a smack! The best part was his head must have been 2 inches from the tip of my toes when he was lay out spread eagled. I calmly side stepped and carried on.
So sometimes fate gives these idiots a taste of their own medicine , I just wish that was true in all cases.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I was once walking down a street when a kid charged at me with his mates watching. It was clear he was either going to knock me over or I had to leap out of his way. Ive had plenty hassle of these kids so I decided to stand my ground. I thought if he rammed into me, Id grab hold and pull him over with me. This is a very cruel (and potentially lethal game) Im only 4"11. As it happened he got about 8 feet away still at full sprint and getting his head down to bowl me over, when he tripped on a stone and hit the floor face first with such a smack! The best part was his head must have been 2 inches from the tip of my toes when he was lay out spread eagled. I calmly side stepped and carried on.
So sometimes fate gives these idiots a taste of their own medicine , I just wish that was true in all cases.

Nice,
really nice.;)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.

I wish I'd seen that...:lmao: :lmao:

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England

sounds like karma to me

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Not me I was born at 42
Kids nowadays are exactly what i used to be like and if my kids do half of what I got up to they'll be grounded for life.Kids will be kids ,it's how you treat them that guides how they treat you.

Enzo

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2008
N,Lanarkshire
Kids nowadays are exactly what i used to be like and if my kids do half of what I got up to they'll be grounded for life.Kids will be kids ,it's how you treat them that guides how they treat you.

Spot on sapper1 :)

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I'm going to throw a spanner in here.

I thought kids were young goats?

why do we insist in this americanism (Sorry USA)?

I have CHILDREN! They are also young people.

Apologies from Swyn.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I think the difference between a lot of kids I teach and the kids I hung around with is the hands up mentality.

We used to put or hands up and take it like a man. Parents need to adopt, and teach, a sense of responsility.

If kids are difficult it's down to the adults who are resonsible for them failing to STICK TO boundaries that have or have not been set, similar to the 'no bad dog' rule. Always an vxception but normally the fault of the adult. If we have an issue with adults they are numpties, if it's kids they are kids. Odd.

If we have an element of feral youth it's down to an element of useless parents.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I'm going to throw a spanner in here.

I thought kids were young goats?

why do we insist in this americanism (Sorry USA)?

I have CHILDREN! They are also young people.

Apologies from Swyn.

Language changes all the time, my friend. We no longer speak the English of Shakespeare, who did not speak the English of Chaucer, who no less spoke the English of Beowulf.
So which version of 'English' is it you want to revert to?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE