Hassle when out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Dougster , I couldn't agree more.If Kids/children learn from their parents the parents must be at fault if they turn out bad.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I have never had any hassle when out on my own.

I did however have some grief some time back when a close friend and I were out camping, he is ex Special Forces and I have done a bit myself too. We were stopping on a popular camp site in the Lakes but it was well out of season.
It started with shouting and name calling, they assumed as we were two guys camping together that we must be gay, Hmm? Did we assume six lads together must be gay, No.

Later in the evening we were returning from the Old Dungeon Gyll when we saw a few of them over by our tent up to no good, we watched for a few mins before making an entrance. They had not done any real damage, just pulled out all the pegs and guy lines, scattered kit and general annoyances like that.

When we asked what they were up to they said, “Oh we just found it like that and were looking after it for you”, right ok. We said thanks and got on sorting it out. Whilst in the background all the giggles and “Ooooww’s” went on, funny how every time they mentioned the word “Camp or Camping” it was shouted in a “Mr Humphreys” type way.

Anyway we sat outside the restored tent until the early hours and they were all staggering about and falling over, we turned in and waited until the noise had died down and they had turned it, we gave it another hour then moved in. I had a bag of zip ties in my bergan (as you do) so off we went to their tents with a fist full of zip ties. We managed to get all six of them fully into their dos bags without waking them and zip tied the tops shut, we then zip tied the tent zips shut and gathered all their boots together, zip tied then together and hoisted them into a near by tree. We left a note for them saying “We are not gay, just 2 ex special forces guys enjoying the outdoors like you. We also watched you trashing our tent, please have the balls to admit something when you have had the balls to do it. Next time you see us please remember to thank us for being this nice to you, you were lucky we were in a good mood. All the best.”

We turned in and departed camp at 06:00 in the morning.

My only regret is that we did not get to see the commotion the next morning. But hey you can’t have it all.

PS, if any younger member on this forum has had this happen to them, then please let me know how you got out.

PPS, I am also a keen mountain biker, please don’t tar all MBR’s with the same brush, and NEVER, EVER put up strings or spoke someone, if it is me and I am able to get back up after you have spoked me I will not be responsible for your state when I have finished with you.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
The best accent I have ever heard was a guy I worked with ,he moved from yorkshire to the valleys when he was 20 and the mix of welsh and yorkshire has to be heard to be beleived

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Anyway we sat outside the restored tent until the early hours and they were all staggering about and falling over, we turned in and waited until the noise had died down and they had turned it, we gave it another hour then moved in. I had a bag of zip ties in my bergan (as you do) so off we went to their tents with a fist full of zip ties. We managed to get all six of them fully into their dos bags without waking them and zip tied the tops shut, we then zip tied the tent zips shut and gathered all their boots together, zip tied then together and hoisted them into a near by tree. We left a note for them saying “We are not gay, just 2 ex special forces guys enjoying the outdoors like you. We also watched you trashing our tent, please have the balls to admit something when you have had the balls to do it. Next time you see us please remember to thank us for being this nice to you, you were lucky we were in a good mood. All the best.”
:lmao:
Nice one! :beerchug:

So that's what you learn in the special forces?

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
I had a bag of zip ties in my bergan (as you do) so off we went to their tents with a fist full of zip ties. We managed to get all six of them fully into their dos bags without waking them and zip tied the tops shut, we then zip tied the tent zips shut and gathered all their boots together, zip tied then together and hoisted them into a near by tree...............
My only regret is that we did not get to see the commotion the next morning. But hey you can’t have it all.

I will have to remember this one, (I can see some very irritating scouts getting this treatment in the future, the way the're going at the moment)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE