Harris Bi Pod clones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I mentioned these a while ago when i was selling the last of the Leupold scope clones.
A few people PM'd me about them at the time but i couldn't source them.
Looks like i can get them now and Im organising a group buy for my gun club.
I know there a few shooters on here so if anyone is interested post here.

Just received a sample and it's spot on, actually slightly better finished than my harris :rolleyes:
They attach to a standard issue QD stud.
6" - 9" and they swivel.
They are the spring in type.

Picture055.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Only working out numbers at the moment but if all goes to plan they should be here in a couple of weeks.

They are £41 + carriage of your choice

UK postage
£1.50 (Royal Mail Second Class)
£2.57 (Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For)
£5.50 (Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day)

PayPal is 4% extra

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi Rapidboy,

How is the bipod fitted?

I use an Air Arms Pro Sport springer, which has a pulldown arm and not a break barrel so not sure if this would work for me.

Interested if it can be made to work.

Cheers

David

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Dave
This type of pod attaches to the sling swivel mount.
If you have a stud sticking out the bottom of the woodwork it will fit on there with no problems.

Mark

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
moduser said:
Mark,

I think there is where my problem will be.

My sling mount is on the barrel because of the spring lever.

So I assume it won't work for me :(

David
Hmmm,
It would work as long as you have the sling type that fits the QD (quick detachable) fittings. Not sure how well it would work though...
The main problem you'd have is the point of impact (poi) would move because of the pressures being put through the barrel. I'm guessing as well that it wouldn't be consistant either becasue a standing shot not using the pod will not stress the barrel as much as a prone shot where much of the weight of the g*n is supported by it. This changes the way the barrel performs when it goes bang and so will move the poi from shot to shot.
This may or may not be a problem, depending on lots of things such as: distance to target, materials used in the g*n, the existing harmonics of the g*n and what you want out of it.

There's nothing else for it Dave, you'll have to get another g*n ! ;)

Cheers

Mark

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Mark,

thanks for your enlightened conclusion to my problem :lmao:

Personally I'd love a new rifle, a little .22 rimfire would be about right, however it is way down my list of things to spend money on :(

Never mind, nice looking bipod anyway.

David

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Hi Moduser, As Buckshot says it needs a QD QD sling stud on the stock.
I can get a barrel mounted bipod but springers are better shot without a bipod , they really only only work for PCP's , rimfires and fullbores.
Springers should be held firmly , not tightly and allowed to recoil in their own way.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Spikey DaPikey said:
Nice looking set up there Rapidboy :cool:

Cheers , It's been my project gun for the last year.
I usually hunt with a FAC Rapid 7 and shoot FT with a custom ProTarget and the S410 was just a cheap gun to play with but it's now my back up FT gun, i shoot HFT with it and i have been hunting with it more and more.
It's really quiet, nice and light and bloody accurate :) .

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
No your not too late, i just heard that they dont have enough left to fill the order but can offer the notch leg version, (They spring out rather than in).
So if you want one let me know quickly as i have to reply tonight.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
A quick update.
The bipods are here, well nearly.
Got the card through the door today to say i have to collect them and pay some duty etc. etc..
Only problem is that im away to Dublin tomorrow for a couple of days with work and maybe over to Scotland again so it will probably be the weekend before i get them and get organised with payment details etc. but not much longer guy's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE