Hammock underblanket --- Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
Just Jeff said:
I just don't like to see the big guys come along and pressure the cottage manufacturers out of business - especially when the innovative designs usually come from cottage manufacturers

Hmm......... I see your point Jeff, but I have to say I was somewhat peeved to see the Jacks offering the tarp tensioners I had posted at Sgt Rocks. Whilst I put them up for all to use and copy, some sort of recognition from the Jacks would have been nice, especially as they are a commercial concern....

different rules for different people?

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well have just heard from Snugpak. The sample is ready and will be sent to me tonight. Also have a price but will wait till I get sample to check on postage before I announce an all in price. At last things are moving forward.
Ian.

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
IAN,

Hope this is a good sign that they can produce quickly and to your spec.

If all goes well, dont forget I definately want one of these.

Though it wouldn't suprise me if snugpak in a year or so decide to start selling hammocks and accessories. Its a big market, and they have a lot of market awareness, get your design in first create your own sleep system, and get some mullar from the corporates.

Challenge the norm, and make it a full system including hammock. Enclosed, snugpak hammock. Now theres a project for you!! Breathable, waterproof, windproof and small packsize, lightweight and from a well known maker. You can only win Ian. :You_Rock_

Oh and get a move on with these prices, I need to spend some. haha

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
OK everybody. Have now received sample from Snugpak. It weighs 1.095kg and is supplied in a compression stuffsack. I have placed it alongside group buy hammock as a reference for pack size. (Will put photo on later when I figure out how to do it)
It is made using Softie 9 insulation, going with Snugpak's advice I didn't put the metalised fabric in. The all important fact, the price, is £49.39 inc postage. To try and keep the price down have decided just to accept cheques or cash.
As stated previously I want to put an order in to Snugpak for 50. Checking through the previous posts there must be at least 50 there.
I am hoping to get a few people to test it out, although testing for insulation is going to be difficult this weather. Hopefully Snugpaks reputation will cover that side of things.
Ian.

Have just read through all posts to refresh my memory. Obviously the postage price is for UK mainland. Anyone beyond that, PM me and I will get you a price on postage.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hello Wanderinstar. Please send me two. I would be very happy to try them out. Not particularly cold here though yet. Please PM me for payment details and I will send a cheque. Ta from Swyn.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
It weighs 1.095kg and is supplied in a compression stuffsack. I have placed it alongside group buy hammock as a reference for pack size.

Underblanket.jpg

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Not for me, as my wife has recently made one. I just wanted to comment that I think that's a very good price - the materials I bought for mine came to about that or even a bit more. I'd be interested to read any reviews but most importantly, top marks to wanderinstar for a well organised group buy.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Just a thought. When anyone sends payment please put in your Username and name and address. Otherwise I wont be able to tie cheque up to list from here. Will get in touch with Snugpak on Monday to sort timeframe out.
Thanks.
Ian.

Reactions: Graham_S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE