Hammock underblanket --- Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I'm still interested in one, pending review and pic's.

Nice work Wanderinstar.

Edit - Just a thought will you be at Bushmoot? Would be good to be able to see the item in question and the moot is only a few weeks away?

Moduser

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Good pics Wanderinstar (who is that dashing hero? :))

It appears that the underblanket is hung seperate from the hammock, rather than attached to the hammock, is that correct?

Do you feel that the width is correct, it appears (not clear in picture) that it only comes part way up the side wall of the hammock when your weight is pushing the hammock down?

What are your feelings Wanderinstar?

Moduser

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi,
Just to let you know, so you don't include me in the "interested" list that i'm going to remove myself from this group buy.

having to tighten my belt in the finance department due to a potential house purchase coming up.

Well done though for organising it. A+ for effort :D looks like a comfy bit of kit....

Not to worry...I'll pinch Jon Pickett's once he falls asleep. :lmao: :approve:

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Didn't realise he had got me in it as well.
Yes it is hung underneath hammock and not fixed directly to it. In the case of group buy,the hammock is a DOUBLE, and if you have someone else in there with you don't think you will worry about cold. Probably have other things on your mind ;)
Have more photos that I will forward to Magikelly to reduce in size for me.
Ian.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Copied from Gallery to save jumping back an forward.

DSCN1156.JPG

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Looks promising. I think it would have it attached closer to the hammock on the tapes to keep the ends closer to the hammock and stop cold air getting in. But these are the sort of things you discover when you have a proper play about with it, which hopefully I will be doing soon. Even the Kick *** Quilt takes a but of adjustment to get right.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Having had a bit of a play with the prototype underblanket I am impressed. Fits both Magikellys group buy and the Hennessey hammocks just fine IMHO.
The underblanket secures to the hammock lines at both ends with a simple prussick knot so it can be positioned as required.As has been said the elastic lines on the blanket are fairly long. Shortening these lines would have the effect of pulling the blanket further up the sides of the hammock. The side lines are also adjustable in the middle to fine tune the fit to suit.This is good as it gives the opportunity to experiment and find a suitable length for many different types of hammock.
On a HH the lines can be shortened and simply attached to the clips for the asymetric tarp. (those with HHs will know what I mean). There are three loops on either side for the guying out points (see pic) , the middle of which was nigh on in the perfect place for the standard asym. Getting in and out was not a problem as the suspension cords are of elastic so it can be easily pulled to one side and will just spring back in place once inside.
Difficult to comment on the insulative qualities but Snugpak know a thing or two about that so should not be a problem.
As Magikelly says a bit of time spent adjusting and getting it right in the first instance means that it should be a no brainer when it comes to using it in anger(or at leisure!!).
Good work Wanderinstar. :You_Rock_

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well everybody, the list is building. 22 confirmed and 6 paid for.
This is the list so far :-
Jamesocconor
Jon Pickett
Swyn x 2
Buckshot
Brian
Don Redondo
Angus Og
Hawsome 34
Beamdune
Pumba
Sauroman
Graham S
Soa UK
R-J
Colin McLade
Outdoorgirl
PJMCBear
Wills
Gregorach
Calypso
Razorstrop
As soon as 30 are paid for, the order goes in.
Ian.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Wills said:
Cheque on its way. Should get it tomorrow.

Wills
Have I missed something ?............. Can I have an address and I will pay right away, they look good to me.................Jon

Wills

May 4, 2005
Essex
:confused: I got a pm stating the address etc etc a couple of days ago :(

Edit: or maybe i've jumped the gun??? not sure now. :eek:

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Just to keep everyone updated. The list is as follows:-
Jamesocconor
Jon Pickett ----------Paid
Swyn x 2 ------------ Paid
Buckshot
Brian -----------------Paid
Don Redondo------ Paid
Angus Og----------- Paid
Hawsome 34
Beamdune
Pumba
Sauroman
Graham S
Soa UK--------------Paid
Colin McLade-------Paid
Outdoorgirl----------Paid
PJMCBear
Wills-------------------Paid
Gregorach------------Paid
Calypso---------------Paid
Razorstrop
Dingo
Magikelly
Bagheera

Please dont forget its only when you have paid that you will definatly get a blanket. If someone comes on list after you but pays before you, you move down.
Its just because the order has to be in for end of July. Hopefully there will be another buy.
Just trying to be fair all round.

Ian.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE