Grizedale Forest March 13-15th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
seems bizarre Ian surely he would allow the people making the trip to worry about there own needs. And seeing that he allows fires it does seem rather odd. when we booked my better half said he seemed really nice and easy going . Seems really strange to turn away custom in what I would have thought would be a quiet period.

Andy

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I was planning on camping there next (mid)week for a couple of nights!
Guess I might have to revert to plan B if the farmer deems me a softie.
Apart from being a bit judgmental, he sounds like he has too much money.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I spoke to him a few months ago he was well up for us having a meet there, I wonder if he`s had a bad experience since then.

I said we`d be mostly in tarps and hammocks with a few tents and there was no problem.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hillbill has rung him up today and apparently he isn't insured for hammocks:rolleyes: Tents and bivvies are ok but not hammocks.
So as far as I am concerned it's a no go. Thought we had found a good site there, but........

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
There were some trees down when i was there not long ago, shallow soil and high winds. I think that was also one of his concerns. The downed trees were not where you would pitch though.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I didn't know you could get insurance for a hammock?! All this time I've been hammocking outside the law I guess!!! Feels so good to be so bad!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE