Suffolk Bushcraft Group March Meeting Friday 7th to Sunday 9th March 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Just loading my gear,then drop my daughter to college, then I'm on my way. I'll pop into Tescos in Haverhill and pick up the Guinness and the dumplings, maybe have breakfast too, on my way. See you all later.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Loaded up.. rucksack... Sharp's.... stoves....bow... just got to pick up a parcel, drop off another, then to morrisons, get veg, and some petrol ......then I am on my way :)...

Last bit of technology for three days.. how nice that is.. well apart from the phone when new peeps turn up and to check in with the lady for a quick chat at night.. :).. I do like escaping the modern world..

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Thanks for a great week end everyone.

Here is my report:

Clean spirit, dawn, barrel, a head ache lantern and a shelter too small to get in................ nuff said.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks for a great week end everyone.

Here is my report:

Clean spirit, dawn, barrel, a head ache lantern and a shelter too small to get in................ nuff said.

LOL... you forgot the stripping.... lol

IT was a great meet, I''l put my pics and a short write up soon :)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Bloody great weekend.
Perfect bunch of chaps and a perfect location.
Everyone was really willing to help out and demonstrate skills and kit. I learned a lot. Most importantly I learned that I can spend 28 hours outside without a tent, car, electric hook up, running water, gas stove, blow up sleeping mat, etc...

A big thank you to Stu for the invite and a huge thank you to everyone for a fantastic weekend. I had a great time and can't wait till the next one.

I'll write a review on "the barrel" when the red marks have gone down and I can see straight.

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great weekend another good one especially for the hard work by all and the "chorus & barrel"!

ATB

Kevin

Last edited:

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
Really enjoyed the time away. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome and all the hints, tips, advice and equipment that was shared. The food was amazing. Meeting you guys kind of opened up a whole new world of possibilities and things to think about. Im wondering about a hammock now. TW ones seemed to be popular.

One thing I do know is that I was absolutely knackered by the time I got home at 11am.
Hope to see you around.
h9cb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
oetg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Great weekend guys, tried to put pictures on here, in video format, but didn't seem to work, so head over to facebook page and take a look.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I arrived on Friday Midday at the compasses to meet Colin, Chris followed shortly, from there we went up to the woods, and started to set up, I pitched in a new area, I have to say the pitch I like the best so far,

A couple of others followed later that day, as I opened up an other quarter of the woods for camping Sean and Kevin soon pitched up there, then it was to getting the fire going and the Communal Shelter up, the new group Kettle was soon put into action, and the brew was on.... we settled down to our evening meals and some chat and banter.

The Saturday was a nice day and I was up early to find Colin and Mike setting the fire, and the Kettle was on :), once breakfast was done the main work began on cutting down trees for the timber that we are going to use for the New Communal Shelter, the Bark was striped and Toby set to to make a small model of the frame :), so we could visualize it....

Following this A number of the group sat to work at some spoonage, a two handled bowl and I started an ash Kuksa, following that a few stoves were brought out and shown, and some even played with, Sean had his newly made 50 Cal Ammo Box stove, this lead on to The group meal, being a nice Venison stew and dumplings, followed by Apple crumble and custard mad in a Dutch Oven by Russell, thank you Russell :)...

Sunday was an other earlier start, and the pack up begin after Breakfast, by 10:30 we were all packed away, so we took a short walk around the farm up to another woodland that we used for the last Boone Challenge, and also looked at another wood we have access to use :).

We had two new guys turn up Russell and James, it was great to meet you both and hope you had a grand time, we hope to see you soon :).

A great weekend with great company, thank you to every one :)

Just a couple of Pics as I seemed to fly about a lot at this one :)

DSC_0238.jpgDSC_0239.jpgDSC_0240.jpgDSC_0241.jpgDSC_0242.jpgDSC_0243.jpgDSC_0245.jpgDSC_0246.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE