Greetings from freezing Finland!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 19, 2013
Finland
Hi ya all!

After reading your site for a while, especially the "Make your own kit" section, I decided to join your splendid forum.

I like to tinker things and make new uses for discarded stuff, so hobo stoves etc. I love to make, especially now when it's been -27C outside and all you can do is add logs to the fire and try and find use for yourself.

The username tells it's own tale, I like fishing (cast & float) and I do it from a SOT kayak. Now planning to incorporate staying nights on empty islands, we have plenty of those, some so rocky you can't get to them on a boat, but a kayak, no problem.
Open fire is usually frowned upon, so a hobo comes handy when coocing the days catch for dinner. Other than that Finland has very extensive "every mans rights" so camping, having a contained fire, foraging etc. is allowed as long as you stay out of peoples yards (100m distance).

What more, almost 40 year old girl with dogs and an old house on an island in the southern archipelago, good with my hands, love scrapyards and dumpsites for the tinkering and money saving possibilities, interested of the nature, fill my freezer with self slaughtered meat, mushrooms, self grown veggies etc. Have secret (not so) passion for knives and tools :cool:

Ask away if wish to know more :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hi and welcome.
Sounds like you have a good life there with lots of places to go.

Dobloz

Jan 18, 2013
Manchester, UK
and greetings from freezing England to you!

i also enjoy making and repairing all sorts of things, learning about practical and useful skills!

welcome, i've just joined this interesting forum too!

austin

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Welcom to BCUK buddy :welcome1:, i LUUVE Finland :mexwave:, especially your hot Berry Juice. Keep warm Fella and nice to have you on board.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE