Greetings from across the pond northern California!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 29, 2021
California
Hello
Long time lurker as a guest but finally took the initiative to start a profile.

What got me into bushcraft? Came down from Canada to work in the US +10years ago. 7 years ago, ploughed into a whiteout snowstorm in the middle of no where and got stuck in a pile of snow for 18 hours. No mobile service, no one for miles. Dug myself out till I lost couple of finger nails in my left hand and that turned me from a city slicker to wanting to be a survivalist quick! I was dumb and unprepared but lucky.

The current pandemic is also giving me more opportunity to explore the off the grid outdoors. Public campsites are closed here so no more camping with the pampering amenities. Cant go home to Alberta currently just yet but California has its own hidden jewels. Currently trying to learn how to catch fish with a snare. Brown trout here are skittish.

I am still an absolute newbie at this.
Tons to learn from this forum so thank you to all the ladies and gentlemen here!

Prayers and blessing to all affected by the pandemic!
-Jos

Reactions: Erbswurst

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you Jos, what an amazing place you live in, I'm looking forward to hearten about your adventures over there and I hope you get what you need from Bushcraft UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE