Greetings and salutations!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
Hello everyone!

I've been reading here for a while and decided now would be a good time to step out from the shadows...

I've always considered myself a child of nature, and enjoyed the outdoors and all it has to offer. However, only recently was I introduced to the fantastic world of bushcraft! Largely through my good friend (known here as woodchips!) and of course, a certain Mr Mears and his many brilliant TV series. I won't claim to have any idea of what I'm doing, but I'm a quick learner and always happy to feel connected with nature. Don't be suprised to see some pretty idiotic questions coming from me in the near future (though of course I'll use the search function first!)

I may differ slightly from other members here in that for that past seven months, I've been practising veganism(!) I believe it is perfectly natural for humans to use animals for food, clothing and so on, but I see no respect in buying it from a supermarket! This places a wedge between yourself, the animal and the land from which both animals and humans come from. I try to avoid animal products whenever possible, though I would consider catching and utilising animals myself if the chance arose. This may present some problems with items like leather and wool - I'll have to cross those moral boundaries when I come to them!

I'm concentrating on building enough kit to make solo trips (instead of borrowing from a friend) and I'll be discussing all kinds of gear in the kit forum shortly, as well as potential travel locations (I plan on some scottish or european bushcraft at some point).

Thanks for listening and I hope to make a positive contribution to this great community!

...Morrius

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to Bushcraft UK Morrius it's great to have you. Thanks for the excellent introduction and I hope that you have a good time on the site. If you've got any questions then ask away, the key things though are, get stuck in and enjoy yourself :D

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Morrius,

Welcome. That is an interesting point of view on food. I recently put a post up about why I felt OK to kill a rabbit (not that I have got the chance as yet).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE