Great to be here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
Have been observing for a number of months, used to be mad on scouting, hugh collection of scout badges and memorabilia in loft, still love camping and outdoor pursuits particularly the ray mears thing. Have finally made the move, registered and bought a genuine woody and a Ozzie Hootchie. Usually kip in my rab sleeping bag in terra Nova tent on thinsulate mattress etc...... Looking forward to a different approach in future.

Only thing is, what do I need and where can I go. Hammock, but which one ? hennessay, ray mears eco system, the dude in scotland who keeps doing group buys.

Really tempted but not decided on the best, advice welcome and a place to go to try my woody and fire stick.

Blencathra.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Hiya Blencathra, welcome to BCUK

Try looking at the Magikelly threads in the group buy section for Hammocks, not sure if there is one going on at the moment but it'll give ya an idea.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Hi Blencathra, welcome aboard. I can only speak for the group buy hammocks as i haven't tried any others apart from a traditional, open weave Mexican one which wasn't really made for sleeping out in. The hammocks from MagicKelly are great, lightweight with there own stuff sack and very very comfortable.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
You and I have written in about the same time so, Hi, from a fellow newbee like you I have been looking at this site for some time and finally took the plunge.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Welcome

As for Hammocks there is currently interest for about 10, I need 50 to buy a batch but all is not lost. There is currently negotiations going on for insect netting for hammocks. If this goes ahead then it may generate the required interest. Also there may now be some interest on the SotP site I have just started.

Other than that if you are keen on the Hennessy option I have one that I do not need now but I would recommend trying one before you go down that route. They are top quality kit but not always for everyone. Which goes for all hammocks but at least with the group buy ones you are not making such a large financial commitment

Anyway after all that Welcome to BCUK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE