Government to Stall the sell off of Britains Forests.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
As the Thread Title says, Just heard it on Sky News

"Government to Stall the sell off of Britains Forests". No reason why

Lets hope they've seen sense.:)

Edit. Plans to sell 15% of England's publicly owned forests are being put on hold but the Government has said plans to lease the other 85% will still go ahead.

Last edited:

the_k

May 6, 2010
Pershore
Lets hope they do see sense.

My cynical view is that they are going to rip as many trees out as they can before they sell for even less money.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Just seen a more in depth interview on it, Basically it's just to review what happens to the woodland once sold.

To give it some protection for access and public benefit , So that it isn't turned into some Disneyland-esque sort of theme park or large car parks.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
saw an interview with Sir Chris Bonnigton and a woodland owner, the owner when asked if there was still a public path through the woodland he had bought said that, Yes round the edge of the wood, it had to be there as it was to dangerous for the public to wander through the rest of the wood due to the logging work going on. I think that will the common reason for a loss of access I.e. "of course you can still access the woods, but there isn't any parking as that's where the lorries turn around and you will have to stick to the edges as we don't want you to get hurt while we strip out the cash crop"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE