Got my new canoe today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just in time for a trip next weekend my new boat turned up today.

Having already got my wee Pack I decided to treat myself to a lovely handbuilt 17ft cedar and canvas prospector. The wife has taken an interest after I bought my solo boat :rolleyes: so it was only a matter of time before I had to get another. Plenty of room now for extended trips into the boondocks, might even treat myself to a Baker tent now. Took her out for her maiden voyage today and despite her size she's a dream to paddle, turns on a sixpence and tracks like a bullet, very happy.
Although at 17ft she's a bit of a handful to get on the car but when it comes to portage time her 50g weight just isn't a problem.

A few carp pics but you get the idea ...

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

:D

I won her on a 1000th post comp over on SOTP. Crafted by a very talented gentleman by the name of Bikemec.

54 x 10cm and only 50g, perfect for the two of us :)

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
You had me going there !. I've just signed up on sotp, so was looking forward to seing the boat. Still, at that size, you can get out when ever you want...in the bath !.

Rob

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Rich,

I seen one of these go for £10,000 on smurfbay the other week, why dont you try and punt it to one of our little blue friends.....

Colin

P.S Be honest now, have you had it in the bath with you yet, i would have.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE