Got any snow yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Sherwood, how on earth did you get that stunning 360° panoramic?
I got 3" last night (giggedy) and the wife who's at her mums in Widnesia got a good 5" herself (giggedy)
its just started snowing again here too. looks like i'm stuck here with the youngest whilst my wife and eldest is stuck there.
oh well i'll just have to whittle sommat.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
I got 3" last night (giggedy) and the wife who's at her mums in Widnesia got a good 5" herself (giggedy)
its just started snowing again here too. looks like i'm stuck here with the youngest whilst my wife and eldest is stuck there.
oh well i'll just have to whittle sommat.

Expect me momentarily!

Hi, I took 4 images 90° apart with an 8mm fisheye lens (180 ° field of view) plus one facing upwards and one down (minus the tripod)
..stitched them together with a program called PTGui ....this program stitches the images seamlessly matching identical areas in each pic so it all blends in to one long 360° image, in theory anyway,

... whilst taking the first couple of pics, snow fell off some of the branches, making the branch sit higher due to less weight, this has caused a slight mismatch and blurring in the final image :( this can be sorted by manually adding my own "control points" .. but it was just a quick pano, so I didnt bother :eek:

To get myself in the image I had to use the timer function, not easy with gloves on then rushing to get into position through the snow!
This image is then sent to my other program for creating the tour (Pano2VR)

I first started creating panos a year ago with the intention of creating virtual tours for b&b's , hotels, restaurants etc, but its been quite a steep learning curve :yikes: so i'm not quite making my fortune..... yet!!

PTGui is a great stitching program, its not free (I think it has a trial though) and will stitch hand held pics taken with a point and shoot camera as long as they overlap well (best taken in portrait format), but there may be exposure differences that effect blending if you cant shoot in manual..

hth
cheers, mike :)

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
We have 17 inches and all the roads into town have been closed for most of the past 2 days. The 2 small supermarkets in town are getting pretty empty and there is no milk or bread to be had anywhere. Good job we have plenty of things in.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
4" fell in an hour today, just enough to cause chaos as the council must have lent the gritters to Sweden kos they aint nowere to be seen around here :yikes:

Thank God for Land Rover's and wood burning stoves :D.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
We had got away with snow till this morning,which coincidentaly fell on the same day as a shopping day, we got stuck along with 5 other cars on the hill outside our village,luckily after an hour a friend with a 4x4 pulled us up the hill, its continued snowing ever since and are usual 1 hr there and back trip took 5hrs, weve seen no gritters for a week the A1 is murder, on the way back we passed a truck that was stuck causing a massive tailback, just what are they doing with all this grit they say they have?From this morming to now appox 5-6 inches with more on its way oh joy, My brother who is meant to coming up is still stuck in plymouth,looks like my trip to the west coast will be postponed.

siman

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2010
Blackpool, UK
Got about 3 inches here. Went for a bit of a wander round beacon fell yesterday, loads of people sledding (including us :p) getting up in a car was impossible so had to walk about a mile to get there.

50c19d13-bd20-9542.jpg

Looking out towards the west just next to the visitor centre

50c19d13-bd69-d562.jpg

Looking North West out towards the lakes and Heysham from the top.

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Don't believe it! finished night shift on Saturday 18/12 early hours of the morning and ploughed through the snow to get home from Gatwick, Sunday was all clear managed to get to work again tonight and it's just dumped another helping of snow!! this time deeper than last time! looks like a challenge ahead..........Oh! Happy Days!!

Anyone leaving from Gatwick within the next 24 hours looks like you will be delayed, all flights have been cancelled tonight.....

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Kinda makes ya proud to be brittish,:eek:
just something else we can't get right , and everyone else laughs at us:lmao:

Craig............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE