Golite Shangri La's UK Stock issues & Replenishment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

KingsleyK9

Hi all,

Been sitting on the sideline's researching my new kit and most Google searches resulted in me spending far too long reading page after page of info and debate from you guys.

So thought I'd join in.....

Its my first post so Apologies if its in the wrong place, let me know of course!

Anyway I have been going round in circles debating my next Tent / Tarp combo, and keep coming back to Golite's SHangri La 3, with a tub floor.

Anyway it seems their like the proverbial rocking horse manure in the UK at the moment.

I contacted Golite USA and here's their response.

"Moving forward, we will be selling this tent as a bundle; including flysheet, nest, 8 stakes, and a collapsible pole. We have discontinued making the floor piece as the production scheduled outpaced sales by a few years. Most of this can be attributed to the floor piece being a bit redundant with the nest piece, as well as the tendency our target consumers have to be resourceful Do-It-Yourselfers. A lot of feedback I hear relates people's experiences in fashioning their own floors out of Tyvek, ripstop nylon purchased in bulk on the internet (cheaper than you'd think), or a simple tarp sheet. All of which are cheaper and as light or lighter than our floor piece was.

Our products are available for purchase in the UK through Amazon.EU, or by visiting www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk. The issue that will likely come up through these sites is that our Spring 2012 product is in transit, and not scheduled for arrival until mid-April. The Shangri-La 3 received no changes from last year, and may still be available through these retailers, though it certainly will be available next month. Sorry for any inconvenience"

Hope this is useful for someone!

Great Forum BTW

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
KingsleyK9 - For some reason I can't reply to your PM.

It's green and in good condition. I actually bought it off someone on here but have never really used it. It does have some seam sealer on the main canvas that was there when I bought it. Guy who had it before more split it on the main fabric. It's not done any damage.

I also have a full size floor for it.

All in I'd like £130 inc P&P.

KingsleyK9

Mar 25, 2012
UK
Hey "edited"

Thats why I put that particular message on this thread,

ie having problems with pm ing

so could do with knowing if its not received,

"How will the intended person know if he doesnt receive it"?

Because I put it in this thread "edited"

Last edited by a moderator:

KingsleyK9

Mar 25, 2012
UK
So it looks to me like you lot are "edited"

And yes I am irish you "Edited"

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
Redandshane: What does ROFL stand for? Nothing springs to mind. Either way, it immediately struck me that beachlover is the one with egg on his face, not Kingsley, for the very reason that Kingsley went on to explain a few posts later on.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I think that the wrong person got banned here, It would seem that swearing is a heinous crime but casual racism is seen as OK by the moderators. Low marks BCUK, very 'second eleven'. :(

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hang on, the ban was for the language used and to be honest you've complicated things further when we're discussing the way forward with it in the background, posting in this thread and dropping a reported post in to us is a bit overkill. Your very quick with your judgments of where we sit on things, ok for you to play the racist card with us? Are you offended at the blond addition to the comment? I'm blond, should I be offended?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Tony, I neither know nor care what goes on in the background, I do know that you, as owner of the forum have published a racist comment. It does not matter that someone else wrote it, you are the publisher and as such are liable. If instead of the word Irish the poster had referred to jews, Pakistanis, blacks, etc would you be so slow to remove the comment?
JUst a bit of friendly advice from someone who has 26 years experience working in the publishing media. I appreciate that that there may have been offensive PMs sent but I can only see what is presented on the forum and make my judgements accordingly.

Bob, ginger and proud.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If the poster was a jew or a pakistani with hair the colour of the comment, yes, I would till I decided what was the right thing to do with the situation, someone that is of Irish stock with blond hair and family members etc that are Irish with blond hair etc making fun of themselves doesn't need a hammer taken to them when the alternative is maybe just a few words to point out the jest might be lost on others that do not know him, and it would be the same for anyone.

KingsleyK9

Mar 25, 2012
UK
Ladies & Gents

I have thought long & hard about re entering a post on this thread, and possibly it is the wrong thing to do.

However in the cold light of day I am embarrassed about the language I used, and my overall behaviour to what should have been shrugged off as a poor attempt at humour.

I have to add this original post was one of my first, and was only put up to assist some others who may be having the same issues tracking down an item of kit.

I felt after reading the posts that I was simply being ridiculed. So really my first experience of BCUK was of people mocking me.

After reading Aussiepom’s comments in the morning I realised that the BCUK community did not deserve to witness my immature response.

I immediately apologised to the admin via e mail, as I had been banned, not, I might add [not] to mitigate any punishment but simply to apologise to both them and you (The community).

The ban has been lifted, (With strict guidelines) and I will again apologise to both the mods, admin, and anyone else who was offended.

I would also like to apologise to the Beachlover, RedandShane, and Marcus2, for the PM’s I sent, I still believe them to have been wrong in their childish Criticism’s however again my response was immature, and offensive.

I am aware that this has caused some heated debate and am sorry for my involvement.

I will now attempt to carry on as a new member of what I think is a fantastic forum, which is why I joined in the first place. I hope you can all leave this thread alone and carry on discussing the things we all love.

As a final point if there is anyone who thinks the reversal of my ban is wrong please contact the admin direct and let them know your feelings, I will stand by whatever decision they make down the line.

Thanks for reading & best wishes

Last edited:

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Maybe i shouldn't raise this particular demon from the dead but can anyone advise what the situation is regarding getting hold of Golite shangri la 3's in the Uk. I've had a trawl round t'internet and it doesn't seem to be available here anymore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE