Going back to college...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
...to do a National Certificate in Environmental Conservation. Got to start somewhere :D

Anybody doing anything similar point me in the direction of related generalised texts that would relate to the course? Browsing Amazon with an itchy finger...

Cheers

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Is this a full time course? Where is the college??? I found a load of distance learning home type courses in something similar but havent taken the plunge yet

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
This'll be at the Newton campus at St. Helens college in the northwest - bit far for a commute BCB!
Wed/Thurs every week, I'm looking to finish where I'm currently working (9-5 M to F) to something a little more flexible.

Last edited:

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
I did an HNC in Countryside and Environmental Management 2009-2010 and, like you, I was keen to get some reading in before the course kick in. I bought books I thought would help and ended up wasting money on the wrong books or books that were the 'wrong level'. If you're getting a reading list you can't go wrong though...so wait for that.
I will add though that you can't spend enough money on quality ID books; they'll be useful regardless of your course content.
Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE