Moods that cause regret

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
One of the pleasant things of mellowing with the passing years, is that I rarely have cause to be irked by the irritating situations that life throws at one from time to time.
I ordered a a book to do with some of the mystical things which associate with intuitive archery...hmmm, it sounded just the job, a mixture of eastern thoughts which have always allured me from everyday events.

It was an exiting but brief wait and I just couldn't wait to get right into digesting the goodies that I had hoped to find therein.....but, wait a minute, this wasn't quite right, not exactly what I had expected, and, blow me, the Authors name wasn't quite right...and, what's this, the book number didn't tally with what I'd asked for.
They'd sent the wrong book, similar content to the one I had hoped to get, and Authored by some fellah with a similar, Germanic-sounding name.
I just couldn't imagine how a mistake could have been made,...praps they had sent this in lieu of the book I had asked for, in the hope I wouldn't notice.

I festered on the situation for a while and then sent 'em an email strenuously chucking bile and accusations of incompetence..."..never use you again" ..."..get someone sensible in your dispatch department".......I reckon I must have got over involved with things and spent a greater part of the afternoon mumbling criticisms and mild profanities.

At some point, hours later, I heard the landline phone being answered by my Wife and, it was clear that the content of that call, was slaked with jocularity.... which made me grumble at having my train of thought disturbed, and I was still fulminating when the Wife breezed-in, with that look she has when pressed to contain laughter. Even worse, something was clearly straining her control to the full.
That lower lip of hers, slightly bitten, was a sure sign that she was having the very devil of a job pf controlling the urge of doing an impromptu circuit of cartwheels around the floor.

"Alright, what is it?" rather testily from me........"That was our Son, he has come across a book he thought was right up your street, and wondered if it had arrived yet"
I don't believe it! and as if to go into denial that such a thing was breaking around me, I just clicked on an incoming email.....and it was one of those moments when you just know that whatever it is that happens next, is going to make things infinitely worse.
In this, I was not to be disappointed, for the incoming mail was from the firm I had castigated for blind stupidity and, yes....they couldn't understand why I had taken exception especially as the book I had ordered from them had not yet been sent out.

Hell!, this can't be right, ....surely not ?......and it was some moments before I allowed myself to shoulder the misfortune that I had dealt to myself, Thereafter, of course, I had to furiously back-pedal and start making pacifying sounds and actions....made all the more embarrassing and pointed by the distraction of my Wife's now unfettered bout of hysteria.

Of course, regretful that I had caused all this uproar in the first place, it wasn't long before I ,too, was laughing.

So, it could very well mean that perhaps I hadn't mellowed quite as much as I had thought... well, I must've mellowed somewhat, or I could never have written and posted this.

But, I will tell you what, it felt great to be able to laugh wholeheartedly at myself.

Still chuckling about it

regards all
Ceeg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I have learnt to wait before I complain these days. Brake pads for the ATV had the wrong sized holes in them - must complain; ah, no, they are asymmetrical and I was trying to put them on the wrong way round. Gasket for the rocket cover on the Westfield - they've sent the wrong one - must complain; ah, no, I ordered the wrong one …. etc. etc.

More importantly, however, what was the book?

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Ha. The book was Herrmann's Intuitive Archery....the one I had from Son, was Herrigel's Zen in Archery,
And as I pointed out, when apologising, I said that , if I had come across the book that I believed was sent in error, then I would probably have ordered it anyway.
On the other hand, the book I ended up with has lead me to form the belief that, had I had prior access to it, that the Zen content within would have probably indicated that I had no need of ordering the other one in the first place,
Surprisingly, or maybe not, I've had no reply to it.
So, there we have it.....I think ( or maybe I shouldn't)

Regards
Ceeg

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Similar story but from the other side, my wife works for a wool shop and received an email complaining that the wool received wasn’t what she ordered.
My wife checked the orders:
The wool received by the customer was her previous order, the order she was complaining about had been placed that morning.
My wife emailed back explaining the above and that her order was sat in the mail sack next to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE