glock model 78 field knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ghillieman

Dec 21, 2009
netherlands
I often carry a glock 78 fieldknife on my backpack, i would like to drill trough the handle to get a lanyard trough, did any one do this , what's inside ??, or do i just demolish a very good knife, what the hell are these holes on both sides for ? , what is your experience with the glock knive ??

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I was given one a few months ago, but not realy my thing, so i passed it on. There has been some discussion from time to time on BB about them.

Rob

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I had one a few years ago, they are more a piercing tool / sharpened pry bar than a knife.

404_0422_1.jpg

Mine was a model 81 which has the "root saw" on the spine but apart from that it's the same as the 78.
Actually i think i might still have a 78 somewhere now i think about it.

ghillieman

Dec 21, 2009
netherlands
well, in the " wilderness " of the netherlands , you often need no more than a pocketknife, the Glock was given to me ,i would not buy one myself, for me it is a jack of all trades, i am not a person for fancy expensive knives, i use stuff, it has to be durable and it does the job.

Last edited:

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
If you prise the cap off the end of the butt you will find a hollow compartment inside.

I think this has something to do with fixing the knife as a bayonet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE