Girly sheath for girly bushcrafter

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
This is a bit tongue in cheek, so no gender rages please.

Made this to replace a fairly nasty nylon sheath on Carla's Mteck skinner, the knife is like a razor and holds a good edge for 440 stainless.

As Carla hails from the US I thought I would throw in some native decoration in the form of a silver chain and some polished shell. Sheath is made from Hewitts Chieftan goat skin and the scales are made from fine wood slates used in orange boxes. The lot was put together using grab adhesive. In a sense its a fine bit of recycling as every thing is either an off cut or has been used before.

Sandsnakes

ps for personal viewing see Carla at the Moot ;-)

Attachments

• Carla's knife sheath and shell.JPG
    Carla's knife sheath and shell.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 538
  • Carla's knife 1.JPG
    Carla's knife 1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 516
  • Carla's knife chain detail.JPG
    Carla's knife chain detail.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 488

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Actually I was looking for Barbie pink leather but could not find any, so I went for the tomato red instead (which matches her camo trousers).:lmao:

Sandsnakes

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Hehe! Well it's lovely! Have to say, much as I like to be feminine every now and then ;) not sure how practical I would find it, or how long the decoration would last in my care!

I'm sure your friend is more careful than me though :D

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I can testify to its ability to cut, it took a slice out of my hand easy peasy. Jimford if you come to the moot, as a naturopathic doctor I am sure Carla would oblige you!

James I never would have guessed!:lmao:

Sandsnakes

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
That's a beautiful sheath, you've got a talent there, I might have to get you to mod mine then the time comes for me to actually buy a decent knife.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Nice I like it!! goodjob

I was toying with getting some pink leather from le-prevo in their clearance bargains the other day but decided it would be a small market and I'd probably end up with 1/2 a cow of pink leather and nothing to do with it :lmao:

Would have been just the job for this project though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE