getting old ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i`m a parent , i`ll take the blame for teaching my daughter to make fire with a strikalight, how to climb a tree, how to cook , how to ride a bike , how to pick yourself up and dust yourself down , to swim in the sea and to have good manners ,to stick up for yourself and what you believe in ,not to worry about money and material things but there`s nothing wrong with treating yourself if you work hard for it (physicaly or mentaly)and a whole load of other things too, and my son also , though he`s only one, but then they can take the blame for teaching me how to be a parent, the post that started this thread is a joke with some truth for us old ones( even though i`m only 35 soon) i like getting older , whatever age i am i havent been that age befoe so i may as well enjoy it , dont you young uns worry you`ll get your turn when your old enough :wink:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
al said:
i`m a parent , i`ll take the blame for teaching my daughter to make fire with a strikalight, how to climb a tree, how to cook , how to ride a bike , how to pick yourself up and dust yourself down , to swim in the sea and to have good manners ,to stick up for yourself and what you believe in ,not to worry about money and material things but there`s nothing wrong with treating yourself if you work hard for it (physicaly or mentaly)and a whole load of other things too, and my son also , though he`s only one, but then they can take the blame for teaching me how to be a parent, the post that started this thread is a joke with some truth for us old ones( even though i`m only 35 soon) i like getting older , whatever age i am i havent been that age befoe so i may as well enjoy it , dont you young uns worry you`ll get your turn when your old enough :wink:
Well said, im right there with you in that boat :wink:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well, my parents taught me the same. But i was generalising, like you were in the beginning :wink:

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
no , i wasnt generalising , like a said i found that on a site, thought it was funny so i posted it ,that is all

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Getting old .........who me :rolmao:

As someone a lot wiser than put me it "as you are now, I once was.as I am now you will become." all too soon I'm afraid. The thing I find is that a day is'nt as long as it used to be :roll: a week only seems to last about four days, a month is little more than a fortnight, and the years are just flying past at an alarming rate. :shock:
One gets to a stage where your measuring your fitness against other people of a similar age, you lose friends that you consider fitter /healthier than you :shock: which can be a bit alarming, but hey stuff happens.
I seem to remember a fair few years ago having to fork out a whack of cash for my son's xmas present.......Sinclair Spectrum 48K as I said to the wife "These computers are just a passing fad, never come to any thing." just as well I never tire of being wrong. :?:
Now enrolled on a computer literacy course, and getting there, let's see if I can alter my avatar.

regards

beach bum

edited to add failed miserably in said attempt :?:

c2518

Nov 1, 2004
Cumbria
What fun being forced to run in the school cross country in bata road slappers and baggy blue shorts with a nylon top which destroyed your nipples. Buying Cinzano and Watneys Party Fours and Sevens and thinking the height of sophististication was a bottle of Blue Nun or Black Tower. Being able to whistle at a good looking girl without being labelled a pervert. Not having to think about who may be offended when you told a joke. A time when innocence was a standard as opposed to the worldly wise attitude of today. When you could have fun actually making things you saw on Blue Peter and remember Shep! A time when people were still surprised by exotic things from abroad rather than going to TK-Max or Matalan to buy it for that "ethnic look"....or maybe I'm just getting old.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Well, you think you're olde ...I can remember the original Monty python....

"Wen Ah wur a lad Ah lived int shooobox int middle ot road..times wur ard.."

and the Beatles first record (Love Me Do); snow at hedgetop height in '63; huge ice slides on the school playground (wot - no risk assessment?); frozen crates of school milk being thawed by the coke boiler; getting caned at school (I didn't do it Sir, honest !); corn coming off the Combine in sacks.....bound to think of some more.

And I'm still an adolescent at heart...

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
When i were t'young, life was t'hard.

And as i t'get t'older i get more t'defensive (al :wink:)

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
c2518 wrote:

..a time when innocence was a standard...

Gosh! C2518 I so much agree! And with the rest of your post too! And other people's posts!

It feels great to be among the same generation! Makes me feel all emotional :) !

Falcon wrote:

I am still an adolescent at heart

Yes Falcon , me too! Aren't we the ever-young generation? Many things i observe in the young of today appear old (for instance they like contracting insurance policies...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE