Get your beards out for the girls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Apologies, BR, I'd been squinting at my phone and misread the name! The description hit the tastebud target right on the nail though :D

None required lass. Its a weird old drink. We sometimes mix it with mulled cider, vanilla and cinnamon to make a cheerful little drink called "Suicider" - tastes like a soft apple pie and comes in a bit stronger than Port. Its really not advisable to drink it in pint flagons, but people persist in trying, hence the name. Neat Scumble....well, don't spill it on anything with varnish on ;)

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Good for degreasing engines and killing brain cells by any chance?

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
And neatly back on topic, probably a great base for a tightening and astringent aftershave :) Bet it smells lovely infusing a beard... bit of a wasp attractor though!

I was thinking about GBs comments about the pine tar fragrancing his to the delight of his lassie... I can imagine it being a wonderful carrier of scent and pheromones. Farrrr more attractive than shaven smellies :) Do any of you put preparations in before plaiting to help it hold in and keep the hair neat?

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I managed to get a fly paper in my hair in the greenhouse once, I imagine it was probably as much of a disaster as that :) I make my own massage bars so that doesn't count as artificial. I think sandal or cedarwood would be wonderful to snuggle near...
:eek:

I found a piccy of one of my favourite beardy blokes to make you lads giggle :D
10500450_10203292844816336_8460872784884451023_n.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Some crazy pricing all those beardy cosmetics, to me that's as far from naturally manly as it gets you might as well Veet yr conkers and get it over with, your bathroom would have no shelf space left for any lucky ladies cosmetics who came to explore your beardliness, if you could not have a beard without using all that junk i'd shave to save the phaff on and cost and put up with sandpaper face and stubble rash (for me and her), best part about having a beard is having a face like nature intended, what next eyebrow control for men? Camo eyebrow tweezer?

The pine tar soap silkiness of the body hair is an added bonus to the natural scent you are left with after use, luckily for me i've got one of those face rugs that seems to naturally weave itself into a waft like some kind of chin helmet, this is when i like it best it could literally deflect punches or absorb shrapnel like kevlar when at it's thickest

645064.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I managed to get a fly paper in my hair in the greenhouse once, I imagine it was probably as much of a disaster as that :) I make my own massage bars so that doesn't count as artificial. I think sandal or cedarwood would be wonderful to snuggle near...
:eek:

I found a piccy of one of my favourite beardy blokes to make you lads giggle :D
10500450_10203292844816336_8460872784884451023_n.jpg

It must be a couple of weeks since he done the Veet and the hair is growing back in

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Artificial smellies are not really manly!

I did (accidentally) dip mine in creosote once...

Artificial smellies are out ... B|UT
As a trained aromatherapist I have a bit of a thing for essential oils and I will sometimes perfume the beard with natural oils :)
My favourites are (at the moment) Geranium or Rose. If I have not been to the woods for a while I may even use a drop of Birch oil (an insect repellent and also one of my wifes least favourite oils...) just for that "bonfire" aroma :)
As to eyebrow control guilty!
If I do not trim the old eyebrows then they get so long as to dangle into the orbs causing great discomfort. Also I have a minor case of "monobrow" and , having been shot 'tween the eyes with a balbearing launched from a "friend's" catapult in my teens (on another occasion he shot another friend in the eye and they were lucky to keep the eye and almost full vision) if I let the hairs on the centre grow, I get the weirdest of fluid build up...a bit like a huge zit of clear fluid...
So - perfume and plucked eyebrows... and a full beard!

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That just sounds like maintenance that john like trimming the hedge, i was more thinking of the reshaping into warped Romanesque aqueduct arches

I put the words Badly Sculpted Eyebrows into Google and this was the first image, i am sure you are not doing this, for some reason he seems to be getting his boob out too, he must need attention i am guessing, maybe mum never gave him hugs asa boy or summick, i dunno

Geordie-Shores-Jay-Sculpt-008.jpg

or this

commabrows.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The latest Illuminati wink to fellow illuminata , anytime i see this type of thing on the street it really sets my brain cogs whirring (think pre Victorian like an old windmill), wondering what the hell they were thinking, clearly it is about how they look and i assume they want to look good as it must take a lot of effort and time, and these jobs you must be looking in a mirror so how do you get to that? Are there magazines and tv shows out there telling young folk this is the new hot look or something? Like back in the 80's when certain woman felt the need for shoulder pads like American Footballers body armour

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Some crazy pricing all those beardy cosmetics, to me that's as far from naturally manly as it gets you might as well Veet yr conkers and get it over with, your bathroom would have no shelf space left for any lucky ladies cosmetics who came to explore your beardliness, if you could not have a beard without using all that junk i'd shave to save the phaff on and cost and put up with sandpaper face and stubble rash (for me and her), best part about having a beard is having a face like nature intended, what next eyebrow control for men? Camo eyebrow tweezer?

The pine tar soap silkiness of the body hair is an added bonus to the natural scent you are left with after use, luckily for me i've got one of those face rugs that seems to naturally weave itself into a waft like some kind of chin helmet, this is when i like it best it could literally deflect punches or absorb shrapnel like kevlar when at it's thickest

645064.jpg

Mr Bod, I'll see your "Combat Beard" and raise you two "Lumberjack Commandos"! Two Canadians I'd certainly think twice about getting into an argument with.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
How can you compare that tender prepubescent plucked turkey with this?!

Bless 'em. Kids today are often just too obsessed with looking like a Kenny Doll to understand manhood. I blame the media :)

I love the idea of the essential oil fragrencing, John, what a lucky lassie you have! I bet you're like an aromatherapy pillow :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
They definitely look bad-bottom, i wanna be a lumberjack commando, now why the hell did we not get that job option on high school careers day?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That bloke could knock out grown men with his nipples, i thought i had JCB starter buttons be he has those buttons that are usually under glass for breaking incase of emergencies

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I found another picture of me sans beard! I actually like this one though I was "encouraged" to shave off my beard for the photo, the band I was in were getting promo shots done and this was mine. Very 80's and moody. Still think I would've looked better with a beard.
80%2527s%2520Colin.jpg

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Mmmm hard enough to join GBs eidelweiss pirates or use to split logs, I'm sure! I had a mate once who would turn to jelly if his nipples were manipulated... hours of harmless fun ;)

Wow that lucious head of curls is WASTED on a man, GB!! You have a good strong chin line. One of the lucky ones who can stand either way, with or without beard :)

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just a youngster there, i'll load up a beard-free-Bod shot later when my net speeds up again, i'm bound to have one somewhere ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE