Game of Thrones.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
Hey Mark,

If you like this series (and like you, I do) and the books they are based on, you may also like Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series, starting with Gardens of the Moon; it is rather good too.

I must admit, on the few occasions I've seen Big Bang Theory it just washed over me. Bang Goes the the Theory, especially when Liz Bonnin is on it (Oh I could happily be lost in the woods for weeks with Liz Bonnin...) is more my thing. A lot of comedy washes over me to be honest, but things like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (Skipper the Eyechild, classic episode) and The Mighty Boosh (Eels) do make me chuckle.

Each to their own :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Great show, this and Vikings are a firm favourite with the wife and I, bottle of wine, cheese and crackers, feet up and watch; great stuff :)

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
I cant help but feel that like the first book, the only one i've read, it's a bit drawn out. I'm a fan of lee childs, jack reacher books. I have however, seen all the episodes. The fast forward button got a bit of use tho :) . tyrion is the man, great character :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I love the series and have read part of the books.

Usually when books go onto the screen I can get annoyed with the deviation from the text but for GoT I'm fine with some of it - the ages of some of the characters are really young in the books so would have come across very odd on screen (not to mention illegal!!!).

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Love this series - and they filmed most of series 2 five miles down the road from me. My wife and I were able to sneak onto the set and have a mooch around (It was Robb Stark's camp). I applied to be an extra, but the weekend they called me in for filming, I was at a wedding! Argh! I think it's great to see Northern Ireland in something so big - quite a few of the actors are from this part of the world too.

I found and read all the books end of last year back to back which was a bit of a marathon

He does like to describe all the detail on every coat of arms at any get together / battle

but I think the last book took 20yrs to do

and to be honest the saga seems to lose its way as he starts new plots and then destroys (after you invest a lot of time reading it ) them, seems to be trying to find a way to move on but not
watched a few of the TV bit and it looks pretty good tho low budget ( well the first series was haven't watched any since) and close to the book storylines

now we are hanging for the next book dunno how long that's going to be 1- 10- 25 yrs especially as another Major Character (one of the few left) was killed right at hte end last book

ATB

Duncan

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Iv gotta say I absolutely love Game of thrones!!
Its by far the best tv programme I have watched in a long long time, and I tell everyone I no how good it is!!
Its got everything a man could want lol!!

Although Tyrion Lannister is the man, my favorite charactor is Bronn his body gaurd!! He has me in stitches!!

Is it worth reading the books aswell? I fear Im gonna be retired before the series comes to an end lol!!

Steve

Wahboasti

Feb 6, 2012
Caister-on-sea, Norfolk
The books are superb Jacko, the only possible downside is that George RR Martin is a very slow author. I think the tv show may catch up with the books!

Iv gotta say I absolutely love Game of thrones!!
Its by far the best tv programme I have watched in a long long time, and I tell everyone I no how good it is!!
Its got everything a man could want lol!!

Although Tyrion Lannister is the man, my favorite charactor is Bronn his body gaurd!! He has me in stitches!!

Is it worth reading the books aswell? I fear Im gonna be retired before the series comes to an end lol!!

Steve

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
The books are superb Jacko, the only possible downside is that George RR Martin is a very slow author. I think the tv show may catch up with the books!

All true except that you've missed the worst downside and that is that George RR Marting may pop off before he finishes the books he has planned. That would scupper print and TV series both.

BTW, his other books are worth reading too. Have you tried "Fevre Dream"?

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Relatively recently got into the TV series and thence into the books which is great as i don't have to wait around for the next book to come. Fantastic series, great story lines, fantastic production values, brilliant direction, and all the actors are excellent. As Mark says it is the best thing on TV.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE