G'Afternoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
The Wilds of Stratford-upon-Avon!
Hullo, finally made my way here online after the fab Merthyr Maw Bushmoot last weekend. It was excellent to meet so many new people *waves* (I was the one with half-purple hair), relatively new to this craft but considering making it a career change :)

Axe Catcher
(aka Amy)

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
Axe Catcher said:
Or to catch an axe with your wooden teeth on a wooden boat in the middle of the north sea!!
:lmao:
Good one! So you have half purple hair: what color is the other half? I thought Punk Rock was dead :headbang:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A warm welcome to you ...... Glad you enjoyed your time at the bushmoot and decided to take the plunge and meet the rest of the rabble ..... Feel free to make yourself at home :D

:)
Ed

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
hello and welcome to bcuk axe catcher, what got you interested in bushcraft and you said you are considering making it a career change what sort of thing have you got in mind
leon

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Welcome to BCUK Amy glad you enjoyed the moot and i hope you enjoy the froum as much the atmos is the same here as it is a t the moots grrrrrrrrrrrrrr8

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you on Bushcraft UK, if you've got any questions just ask away, there's always someone that can point you in the right direction :D

Glad that you enjoyed the Moot as well, it was a great event, thanks for supporting it :D

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
beowolf762 said:
What got you interested in bushcraft?

Completely honestly, I've been a 'classic camper' since the age of 3 with my family, I've just got back from 4 years living and working in the US, back-country camping, kayaking and hiking in the wilds of Northern Montana. Bardster and Warrior Librarian invited me along on the buscraft trip when I got back, I share a deep and abiding love for all things sharp and pointy with them, as well as being a bit roughy-toughy-up-for-anything.

My areas of knowledge are herbal medicine and kitchen-witchery along with a lot of varied work with animals (not that kind of work...quiet you lot in the back!!) so it was great to step outside my comfort zone and learn about tracking, edible plants, see bow-making, knife-making and meet a lot of people who know lots of stuff. I think I'll be becomming a regular fixture, time permitting of course :)

AC

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
Ed said:
A warm welcome to you ...... Glad you enjoyed your time at the bushmoot and decided to take the plunge and meet the rest of the rabble ..... Feel free to make yourself at home :D

Thanks, I'm looking forward to putting handles/names to faces (not very often it happens that way around I suppose) it was a great moot and looking forward to doing it again.

AC

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
leon-b said:
hello and welcome to bcuk axe catcher, what got you interested in bushcraft and you said you are considering making it a career change what sort of thing have you got in mind
leon

I've always been actively living alongside nature, a classic camper since I was 3, but have just got back from 4 years in the wild and wooly northwest of the USA, back-country camping, hiking, canoeing etc which was excellent. The bushmoot was by way of a holiday after I got home and it was excellent.

As for the career change consideration, I'm still in the "wouldn't it be great if...." planning stages, but I would like to see about spending more of my time living the dream, rather than part-timing it once or twice a year. :) I am planning to try doing my herbalism as a business, I've been practising for the last 10-ish years on myself, family and friends who don't mind guinea-pigging for me :) but I'm told I have work of a high enough standard to start testing on the general public so I am considering that aspect as well.

Thanks for the welcome
AC

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
Axe Catcher said:
Completely honestly, I've been a 'classic camper' since the age of 3 with my family, I've just got back from 4 years living and working in the US, back-country camping, kayaking and hiking in the wilds of Northern Montana. Bardster and Warrior Librarian invited me along on the buscraft trip when I got back, I share a deep and abiding love for all things sharp and pointy with them, as well as being a bit roughy-toughy-up-for-anything.

My areas of knowledge are herbal medicine and kitchen-witchery along with a lot of varied work with animals (not that kind of work...quiet you lot in the back!!) so it was great to step outside my comfort zone and learn about tracking, edible plants, see bow-making, knife-making and meet a lot of people who know lots of stuff. I think I'll be becomming a regular fixture, time permitting of course :)

AC
I have allways been interested in herbal medicine, I have tried to get some tips from my native american friends but they keep family (clan) secrets close. :)

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
Tony said:
Good to have you on Bushcraft UK, if you've got any questions just ask away, there's always someone that can point you in the right direction :D

Glad that you enjoyed the Moot as well, it was a great event, thanks for supporting it :D

Thanks Tone, I'm quickly discovering the resource of bcuk so many people who know so much about so many subjects. Thanks for making me so welcome at the moot, and thanks for all the hard work you all put in making it so great.

AC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE