G'Afternoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
May I ask, what is kitchen witchery?
And if (when) you start to build a knife and need help let me know, I have made just about every mistake one can make in knifemaking :lmao: I can show you how to avoid them :D

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
The Wilds of Stratford-upon-Avon!
beowolf762 said:
I have allways been interested in herbal medicine, I have tried to get some tips from my native american friends but they keep family (clan) secrets close. :)

I was lucky enough to study with the Assiniboine on one of their medicine workshop weeks, learnt more there than I did in 2 years of private study, I have also been able to get into the Crow tribal circle as a healer which was an honour and another very 'learning' experience. It's certainly a fascinating subject.

AC

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
beowolf762 said:
May I ask, what is kitchen witchery?
And if (when) you start to build a knife and need help let me know, I have made just about every mistake one can make in knifemaking :lmao: I can show you how to avoid them :D

hehe, Kitchen-witchery is my dad's description of my cooking, I don't think I have ever made the same meal twice, and I love experimenting with herbs and plants in meals, there's a large degree of experimentation in my kitchen which can be a bit daunting for a newcomer, but it's never dull :lmao:

AC

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
My form of kitchen witchery is burnt offerrings, I have even burnt a pot of boiled potatos. :lmao: It's easy to do just go inthe basement and work a couple hours and forget what you put on the stove :rolleyes:

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi there!
Sounds like you've already made yourself comfortable :)

Hope you're going to share some of the good stories of your trips to the woods :p

I'd be interested to hear about what you have learnt in Herbalism too. Perhaps you can write up some commonly useful tips? I know of a handful of useful plants, like willow bark, meadowsweet and yarrow but it's always good to hear from someone who actually has working knowledge.

Not sure what sort of level Tony would appreciate hosting medicinal information on the forum though, in case someone gets it wrong! Tony, perhaps you can offer guidance here? :confused:

See you around :D

Neil

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
ilovemybed said:
Hi there!
Sounds like you've already made yourself comfortable :)

Hope you're going to share some of the good stories of your trips to the woods :p

Hi, Definitly, if you think it'd be interesting, it's mostly just me with a back-pack on trying not to get 'et by bears' in the Northern MT back-country :)

ilovemybed said:
I'd be interested to hear about what you have learnt in Herbalism too. Perhaps you can write up some commonly useful tips? I know of a handful of useful plants, like willow bark, meadowsweet and yarrow but it's always good to hear from someone who actually has working knowledge.

Not sure what sort of level Tony would appreciate hosting medicinal information on the forum though, in case someone gets it wrong! Tony, perhaps you can offer guidance here? :confused:

Generally, in this type of forum I only talk about things I have done and used, rather than give specific advice. Unless it's something I produce 'semi-commercially' which is regulated, or for people I've met/spoken to in detail who's history I know. I dont mind talking about things I have used successfully in the past, or what I term "knowledge" like that of the Native American peoples. I expect it would be somewhat similar in nature to the plant walks marcus did at the bushmoot.

Certainly anyone can feel free to email or PM me if you have any specific questions or ailments and I will do a work up for you although it's difficult over the net. :thinkerg:

AC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE