Free Beginner's Bushcraft Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Free Wilderness Skills Course for Beginners

I have not run a course in my wood for some time now, so I thought I’d kick things off again with an offer for beginners.

This is a free ‘Wilderness Skills’ (Bushcraft) course set in 15 acres of Ancient Semi Natural Woodland in Mid-Wales. It will concentrate on basic skills for enjoying wilderness living in UK conditions. The course is limited to four participants. There will be a nominal fee to cover food and refreshments.

Date – Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd May.

Over 18s only unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.

If you are interested, or know someone that will be, PM me your email and I’ll send details.

Please note, I reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course for any reason, in particular, but not limited to, the weather.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

I have not run a course in my wood for some time now, so I thought I’d kick things off again with an offer for beginners.

This is a free ‘Wilderness Skills’ (Bushcraft) course set in 15 acres of Ancient Semi Natural Woodland in Mid-Wales. It will concentrate on basic skills for enjoying wilderness living in UK conditions. The course is limited to four participants. There will be a nominal fee to cover food and refreshments.

If you are interested, or know someone that will be, PM me your email and I’ll send details.

Please note, I reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course for any reason, in particular, but not limited to, the weather.

What a beautiful and wonderful idea to offer such a course with the expressed notion to provide if to FREE to BEGINNERS.

I'm sure those with limited experience in bushcraft would relish this very generous opportunity and I can completely understand why you need to limit it to just Four newbies.

Such a lovely idea to be able to give back to those that need the experience the most.

Well done!!

Reactions: Aneirin

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im not sure I count as a beginner; I have been here since the Mesolithic, however I have very little actual bushcraft skills.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
No free food? I'm out. :)

Hats off to you Andy. Very generous offer of time, patience, experience and access. More than slight jealousy of the chosen ones!

• Haha
Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I guess if you get over subscribed with newbie interest its going to have to be a case of Names in a hat to keep it fair.

Denis.kuso

Feb 23, 2022
Liverpool

Are there still places available? Trying to find a way to send a PM, but seems to be either blind or stupid. =)

Murat_Cyp

Forager
Sep 16, 2020
Bristol
That's a great offer Andy. I would be interested if it will be held somewhere where I can come using public transport. If any space is left, could you please send me the details?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE