Forgive me Bushcrafters, for I have sinned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Well, if this is the thread for admitting sin then I need to step up.....Grange over Sands last week, lowefell campsite.......with the family.......and a ........caravan

I think we've all used a 'tin tent' at sometime or other. As long as you don't actually own one…………..

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Can't see the problem. I've visited most of the UK & France ( including Etretat) staying in camp sites. I did have my good lady & later on my daughter with me & we were always travelling by car. Camping in the wilds while sight seeing/travelling is not ideal & rarely possible, not to mention the hail of complaints & abuse which would eminate from the female members. We also ate in Restaurants keeplng the stove cooking to a minimum. ( not anymore I hasten to add)
So wild camping when in good company ( me dog!), campsites when on holiday with the other 2.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

I was going to say towing a caravn is the thin end of the wegde but by the sounds of things that wedge has been driven in deeper if oyu're contemplating getting one.

Back to the Burn the Heretic, lest his sin defile us suggestion. Pandabean said it after all.

At least Harvestman saw the error of his ways and repented.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
See, I can't bike around here, well i could but it seems like a death trap....I miss it....

Caravan, I can't see myself getting one but i have to say that with 8 of us including the 8 month old puppy (size of a decent lab now) it's got a convenience factor that is well......rather convenient :D we had rain and wind and all was good....lacks out easier than a tent which was helpful for getting the kids to bed etc etc...

Not my preferred camping option but I can't really say I didn't think it was a good one for the occasion :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I would say anything that has a roof. This, coming from a Biker LOL!!!

You've got one of those BMW bikes with the roof.....
bmw-c1.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I need to confess. I've done a terrible thing, which will probably haunt me for the rest of my life, and taint my reputation as a bushcrafter. It is this:

On a recent walking trip, last week, I, well... I... I camped at a Camping and Caravanning Club site.

Been there, done that.

I've moved on and I think I'm getting better.

Whilst you were typing that, I was making this

Be afraid, be very afraid! :lmao:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
BURN THE HERETIC!! Lest his sin defile us all!

Big LOL

As Biker said previously, great thread for starting the day....ahem! ...well, not that my day actually started at 11.30 of course

Living where I live, the tin cans on wheels are largely responsible for traffic becoming static (hence the term static caravan;))...Lord Coe is certainly going to have his work cut out next summer ;)

Cheers all
Sack

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You've got one of those BMW bikes with the roof.....
bmw-c1.jpg

Touché, Tony. I prefer the cabriolet versions myself. And no that doesn't get you off the hook by having a cabriolet caravan!

I still say we should shun you until you see the error of your ways. At least look into wearing sack clothes and ashes. Possibly a bit of self-flagelation. Or you could say something smart about Emma and she'd do it for you. Just a thought.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Touché, Tony. I prefer the cabriolet versions myself. And no that doesn't get you off the hook by having a cabriolet caravan!

I still say we should shun you until you see the error of your ways. At least look into wearing sack clothes and ashes. Possibly a bit of self-flagelation. Or you could say something smart about Emma and she'd do it for you. Just a thought.

I wondered when Emma would be mentioned again........2 days is a long time.

Well, if this is the thread for admitting sin then I need to step up.....Grange over Sands last week, lowefell campsite.......with the family.......and a ........caravan

Hang on just let me get my head around this..."Tony in a caravan....Tony in a caravan...Tony in a caravan..." Nope!...sorry - it just doesn't compute.

Tony, if I could offer some advice...Joining a discussion where the group is confessing to - say - a little adolescent shoplifting, is no time to be confessing to murder!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE