Forged bits & bobs (+ an unforged bow & 550 para bracelet by me) - Pic Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Here it is, with three coats of heat resistive paint (SWMBO prefers them painted as well :) )

HeatresistantpaintedTrivet12-12-10-1.jpg

HeatresistantpaintedTrivet2-1.jpg

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Just had a request for a mod on a poker
Top one is standard and the bottom one has a hooked part about 1" to 1.5" long on it to rake ashes & hook logs
2pokerstopview.jpg

a close up view
2pokerscloseup.jpg

I put the hanging eye at 90º to the spiked hook so it hangs at the back and no-one catches themselves ;)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I've been in the forge working on a couple of orders, even though the old man Flu is me feel cr*p and I ache everywhere (why is it always when I'm on holiday from work?)
A three hook holder for someones fire tools - 9" long and plain hooks were called for but you know me. Got to play a bit haven't I :rolleyes: ? and a traditional C (Canadian?) Striker
TradstrikerandFireironhook27-12-2010.jpg

Fireironhook27-12-2010.jpg

Tradstriker27-12-2010.jpg

hope you like them ;)

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Can I offer some constructive criticism?

your striker - put about an inch or so (good and hot) on the edge of your anvil - hit straight down and draw it out - then bend away from the divot. - should make the bending easier and you will get a straighter face.

All the best
Andy

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Cheers dude. That what I normally do but the customer wanted it to look like a Canadian one where its the same size all the way round. (Nearly happened but still tapered a bit even with sequential quenching when turning the ends)

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
What make of vice is it you have in this picture?
Looks like a Parkinsons from Shipley or maybe a more common Record.
If its a Record, its one of the spherical Graphite iron ones that are waay more spendy then the normal fitters or workshop vices.
100_0939.jpg

Any chance of a picture of the vice?

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Hey Kev, some lovely pieces there mate,....

did you make use of the little antler i sent ?,...bit af a rubbish prize i know but all i had knocking about at the time,..

Stu

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Hey Kev, some lovely pieces there mate,....

did you make use of the little antler i sent ?,...bit af a rubbish prize i know but all i had knocking about at the time,..

Stu

I am so sorry I forgot to say thank you :eek: . I haven't used the antler yet but the bottles came just at the right time as I needed some small containers to take milk, etc, to work ;).
Please accept my apologies for not contacting you sooner:eek:

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
How did your tongs turn out Kev? I'm working on a pair of off-set bolt tongs at the moment and they are turning into a right pain. lol.

Andy

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
I am so sorry I forgot to say thank you :eek: . I haven't used the antler yet but the bottles came just at the right time as I needed some small containers to take milk, etc, to work ;).
Please accept my apologies for not contacting you sooner:eek:

no probs mate seriously, i just thought i recognised a bit of the antler thats all,...haha

the containers are perfect for meths,...if you use a trangia, ...the halfway mark is a boil on the halfway of a crusader, if that makes sense,...

there BP oil sample bottles so safe for meths , but food grade too from new,....

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Latest strikers - All now gone, thank you
I made these up as someone commissioned a Dragon striker from me

WKDragonstrikers20-01-20112.jpg

As you can see, there the usual big handed ones except number 3 which would probably make me a ring
As per normal, work with the usual glancing blow and with a strong stroking action ( manufacturing tip from the Blacksmith Guild) so your flint lasts longer and you don't need a super sharp flint with you
£12 each please inc Paypal and P&P.
I also take cash (please wrap it up heavily if posting it so it doesn't get nicked - or I can send change in the parcel back to you with the goods bought) or cheque, postal orders etc as I've recently found out that several people don't do Paypal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE