Foraging: Discover Free Food from Fields, Streets, Gardens and the Coast?

Thanks for the responses guys. March seems a long way off, damn! ASDA link was a good tip too.

I have food for free but would love to expand my foraging collection. And probably have to admit that I need a good book to get the old creative juices flowing!

Leo

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
There was a programme on a couple of weeks back about cooking a banquet from the throw out food of supermarkts, famers and wholsales. They managed it with the help of three vans trying three different sources and of course having a camera crew with each of them.

One problem with the supermarkets now is they need to destroy food before throwing it in the skip out back in case someone steals the foods, gets ill and sues the company, more H&S BS really. My local Tesco now bag up out of date food and send it back on an empty delivery wagon for safe disposal.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Well that's the short answer! No wonder In my current sleep deprived state I couldn't find when it was published! It hasn't!

Apologies

Leo

No worries, I am interested in it when it's released, that's why I clicked on the link but will have to wait. Cheers for the slightly pre emptive headsup.
Regards Scott.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got an email from Amazon today to say the release of this book has been cancelled, shame I was looking forward to this one

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE