For gyus with kids...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Robbi - that's ******** quite frankly, and completely unhelpful.

Ovulation test strips might be useful. I found it quite entertaining when the gf would grab me out of the blue, a strangely intense look in her eye and demand to be dealt with immediately :eek:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
your experience may well be different from mine but please dont be rude, it does not show you in good light i'm afraid.

we all have our opinions and experiences, some differ vastly from others but that doesn't invalidate them or invite foul language.

i'll thank you to keep a civil tongue in your head when addressing me.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The best advice I can give, is to try the ovulation test strips.
There are also iPad apps (I know, I couldn't believe it either :rolleyes:)
Relax, and try not to worry about it.
Get the cycle nailed town so you know the most likely window for success.
It works. SWMBO is due in Feb :D

Also, this is a very sensitive subject to some people, any more nasty/snide comments and bans will be forthcoming.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I think we used This Supplier for ovulation test strips. Worth getting a bunch of pregnancy test strips too. Their products are quite clinical but cheap and in my opinion, reliable.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Long story short I had a vasectomy for seven years re married had a reversal with the top surgeon in the uk at huge cost but well worth it I now have two kids and number three due in October .
Keep trying fella it will happen when you least expect it

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
All I can suggest is stop thinking about it and get more practice in .
or go to St nectans glen in tintagel , cornwall and wish for it while holding your head under the waterfall.
We did this after being told it would be hard for us too. And ta da MINES NOW 2 lol .
But seriously just stop worrying and keep at it .

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Very close friends of ours took a year and a half to make it happen... They too were pretty upset from time to time.

elle and I found out we were going to have a baby 5 months into the pregnancy! We cried too... I am still jealous of those who have a whole 9 months to prepare for the arrival.

as with everything, don't take it personally that it isn't happening, I guess it's hard not to take it as a reflection of you (both) when you try and try but it doesn't work according to plan. Good luck.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
My wife got pregnant within 2 months the first time.
It took 12 YEARS to happen again!
We had gone through all the fertility tests and the one course of fertility treatment with no joy.
So it will happen when it is time.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Thanks guys, that´s quite an encouragement. My friend just told me that it took him and his wife 9 months, because she was long time on birth control pills before and it took some time before hormons got squared away... so my case could be the same, maybe. My lady is going to see her doctor on Friday just in case... (Friday 13th, heh:) ).

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Yes as a rule of thumb the wise reckon 1 month per year she has been on the pill.

When you return from your posting book a holiday and just enjoy each others company. Much more likely to conceive if you are both relaxed.

Last edited:

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
My 2c worth; if she's been on the pill for a while, then it will take a while for normal ovulation to take place. If she is anxious, then that can prevent pregnancy.

Take it easy, love and hug each other. When the time is right, it will happen.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Probably not very helpful but it took 12 months with IVF for us with our daughter.

Just relax and don;t get stressed. My brother and sister in law were in the same position and as soon as they stopped worrying about "getting it done" it actually happened all of it's own.

Aug 29, 2013
surrey
How often are you trying? Apparently if you are having sex more than once every three days your sperm count is much lower..... My wife conceived in the first month we tried, but my brother in law took 2.5 years. One theory was they were trying a bit to hard....

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
pretty much daily, sometimes every other day... It also came to my mind, but some other people, incl. doctors, say otherwise. Well, definately thanks much for an opinion!!! I really did not expect so much response, and it helps to see others perspective sometimes...

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You see - all that was needed was some proper male advice - it fixes most things in life:)

Right - now go out a lot, eat in restaurants, stay in hotels and get romantic. You only have seven months left to enjoy being a couple ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE