For gyus with kids...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Hi all,
I have quite strange question on all of you who got kids, but... Well, me and my gf try to start a family. Neither of us is aware of any complications (I used to earn some extra money as a sperm donor during my studies on university so this should be OK), but we can´t succeed so far - 6 months. I am tired of all those women discussion forums all over the net (no offence), and I could not find even one male opinion! So I am asking at the place I like and in community of people who have similar points of view:
- How long did it take for you to make your gf/wife pregnant???
I know it should take up to year even for healthy pairs, but most of my friends succeeded much sooner, and those who not usually had some medical troubles on one of the sides.
My gf tries to take it easy, but I know she cries every month, and it actually gets me more desperate than failure by itself. If mods propose this thread as unacceptable, please just delete it...
Thanks for all!

Last edited:

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I don't have kids of my own yet (have 2 stepdaughters though) but know loads of guys at work who have recently started families. It's all a bit of a lottery it seems, there's no set rule. One couple I know took well over a year for their second baby, it totally stressed them both out, which can't be healthy for anyone and can't help with conception.
Try not to let it get you both down, read the books work out the best times to conceive and go with that, lay off the booze etc.
good luck mate, the fact you're seeking advice shows what a responsible dad you'll be.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
My advice. ..
Fix the house. Replace the car. Visit all your far off friends. Sort out your pension. Upgrade your computer. Fix up your man cave. Do that overnighter you've been planning.
...because pretty soon you will have no time or money to spare for any of these!
Relax, stay healthy and enjoy your last days of child free freedom.
:)

Z

My advice. ..
Fix the house. Replace the car. Visit all your far off friends. Sort out your pension. Upgrade your computer. Fix up your man cave. Do that overnighter you've been planning.
...because pretty soon you will have no time or money to spare for any of these!
Relax, stay healthy and enjoy your last days of child free freedom.
:)

Z
couldnt agree more.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Get a dog, buy a new house, plan a big holiday.

As soon as you take your mind off the trying it happens.

The harder you try the harder it is if you see what I mean.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Hey thanks all of you... It doesn´t help that I am now deployed abroad for couple of months, but what the hell... Will make it happen a bit later, c´est la vie

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i would suggest that you are walking into a world of trouble mate.

any woman that is that emotional / desperate to have kids has a major problem that will become a viscous circle, no kids = more stress and emotion, ......more stress and emotion = no kids.

your love making will not be a thing of passion, it will be robotic with the times dictated by dates, times and temperatures, this will wear you down and take the spark away from sex.

and it will all be taken out on you, your life will become hell.

find another girlfriend / partner that shares your views / time scale.

Last edited:

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
my two were born 11 months apart... but from what ive heard the first one always takes longer than the second if thats any help

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
We had trouble with both of our attempts, SWMBO has very long cycles which cut down on the number of times when it was possible to get pregnant, the second time she was pregnant and we just thought her period was taking ages to come. I agree just relax it does sometimes take time enjoy the quiet and freedom you have now until it's gone.
Colin

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i would suggest that you are walking into a world of trouble mate.

any woman that is that emotional / desperate to have kids has a major problem that will become a viscous circle, no kids = more stress and emotion, ......more stress and emotion = no kids.

your love making will not be a thing of passion, it will be robotic with the times dictated by dates, times and temperatures, this will wear you down and take the spark away from sex.

and it will all be taken out on you, your life will become hell.

find another girlfriend / partner that shares your views / time scale.

where did you get all that from in the original post? she's bound to have a little cry if she wants kids but isn't getting pregnant doesn't mean she's going to turn out like you think. It's a bit of a leap from the OP posting asking for advice about a sensitive situation and you just saying get a new girlfriend

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
My mate and his wife had been trying for some time and eventually went through the long process of adoption, certain in the fact that they had fertilty problems. Six months after they adopted she became pregnant with their first child. + 1 for the above statements that stressing does have an effect.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Doctors don't get interested until after two years of trying, so that should tell you something. I was lucky (depending on your point of view) in that my Mrs caught very quickly with my two boys but I have a work mate who is in the same situation as you and it is not happening. She is getting very fractious now that they are into the six month of trying. It is natural to start worrying because you wonder what might be behind it. I would keep the worry on the back burner for a bit and do like the others have said and spend this time fixing up the house and getting your affairs in order. Once you have got the child you will have no time for any of the fixing up that you have to do as the little blighters halt all progress in those areas. Good luck.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
This is maybe a discussion for another time round a camp fire, surfice to say that i have been the unfortunate witness to two scenarios as described, both couples were married, both ended in bitter and depressing divorce.

I hope to god i'm wrong but i've seen it before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE