Folding saw advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
HI guys need advice on the folding saws available. I'm looking for 1 thats cheapish as its not going to get used alot, as I have a Dsaw to. I was looking at the Laplander at Woodlore and was wondering how thick the blade was.

Cheers for you advice.

Simon

Buy wisely and use carefully.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Simon,

I've got a LapLander, great little saw (a lot smaller than i expected)
fits nearly into any bag, even a big pocket.
I didn't get it from woodlore, think it got it from Survival School, at the time it was the cheapest i could find.

I know some people use the Gerber one, but i've never had a play with it.
Sure some of the others will comment though :)

Hope that's some help

Cheers
Carlo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
My advice would be to go for the Laplander as so far it is the industry standard saw, and it really is very good. I would look around on the web as you will be able to pick it up at a good price somewhere out there. I have seen on the web before for £20 and in a tool shop in Southport for £17 so it is worth a good look about.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
exsept for AntarcticFire, has any of you have any experians with both the gerber and the laplander ? i'm looking at the laplander right now, but i wan't to consider mine options before i order one, still got plenty of time to compair...
before i get enough cash to order some stuff..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE